Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supermarkets

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I also hate people who are so starving that they can't help opening a packet and stuffing their fat faces while they shop ...... and never paying by the time they get to the till. Also the houswives that have to push and pull two trolleys, one for food and one for their 2 ADHD sprogs.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I mainly hate things that supermarkets themselves do. The worst is the way they sell fruit and veg - they basically seem to HATE selling anything loose by weight (because they can't rip you off). Why do I have to buy chillies in a bag? Why is so much of the fruit and veg bundled up into bags? Who are the fuckwits who buy bags of onions at £1.50/kilo when the loose onions are right next door at £1.00/kilo (and you only have to take as many as you need!).

Why are offers at supermarkets so shit? Half of it is crap brand stuff that you either don't need or is to launch a crappy new product (Innocent kids tube - 1/2 portion of your kid's 5 a day for only £1.80 a go!!!). Otherwise it's stuff that's gone up in price on offer for a while so you don't notice the difference (Coke never stops going up in price - it seems to be every time after it has been on a decent offer). All the useful stuff seems to be in big multibuy offers.

Oh and Sainsburys Brand Match is a massive pile of shit and I find it insulting that they have the nerve to advertise it as a great deal and think people are stupid enough to think they are actually being fairy reimbursed (which presumably they are).

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Selling food at 3 for 2 or 2 for 1. How many of us buy these offers, only to find that the 'free' element is eventually thrown away, because it has gone off.
Why don't they just sell it at the unit price ffs.

Bought some milk in morrisons the other day, they are selling 3 for £3 or £1.49 each. Girl on the check out seemed quite perplexed that I didn't want the 3rd one free. Tried to explain that I only needed 2, & had I bought more it would probably gone out of date before I got round to using it.

Dec 29, 2011
Bought some milk in morrisons the other day, they are selling 3 for £3 or £1.49 each. Girl on the check out seemed quite perplexed that I didn't want the 3rd one free. Tried to explain that I only needed 2, & had I bought more it would probably gone out of date before I got round to using it.
Why not just freeze it?
Mums in PJs with kids messing around while the mum completely ignores them.

:lol: Worse still, the chavvy pyjama wearing parents that yell at their kids, "WAYNE IF U DONT STOP RUNNIN AROUND IM GONA FUCKIN SMACK YA". The awkwardness between the rest of the shoppers is pretty funny though.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Selling food at 3 for 2 or 2 for 1. How many of us buy these offers, only to find that the 'free' element is eventually thrown away, because it has gone off.
Why don't they just sell it at the unit price ffs.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I went to buy some beer in M&S at the station last night. I looked at the belgian beer and it was 1.75 for a can and was about to walk away when I noticed that the empty shelf above was advertising 4 belgian beers for 5.45. So, I grabbed 4 cans and headed to the till. The bloke on the checkout asked me for 7.00. So, I pointed out that he must have made a mistake. He promptly called his supervisor who told me that it was my error. The multi pack beers, whilst being the entirely the same product, had some packaging that kept them together and that I would have to pay seven quid as they had run out of multi packs. The guy serving me said I was the third person who had complained about this yesterday. Well done M&S, you won't be seeing me for a while.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I agree 100% what is the point of some old fellow who is only there because he is past doing an active job and is cheap labour. The ones to blame are onviously the supermarkets them selves for cutting the costs too much in the name of increased profits.

Most shops, especially supermarkets wouldn't bother with security if it weren't for the fact that if they don't have security their insurancegoes through the roof. They don't care less if the guard catches theives or enforces the rules.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can somebody explain the government idea of a minimum price for units of alcohol. I noticed that bottles of scotch have risen in price and the tax I dont think has increased, so the winners are the supermarkets with increased profit per item but possibly selling less bottles but making the same amount of money or at least turnover..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Pensioners who have all week to shop but choose the weekend to block the aisles.
A few years back, i used to see if i could put a few tins into the pensioners trolleys, nothing expensive, just those small tins of mackerel or sardines, the ones with the key on. I figured it would give them something to do when they got home, also good for keeping the fingers supple, and with the omega 3 and vitamins, would be good for their health. It must have worked because i usually saw them in the supermarket the next week.
I remember having a miserable check out girl serve me, "Would you like a Bag For Life" she said.... "No thanks, i got rid of one of those a few years ago" i replied... my shopping then appeared to be slung down to the bagging section.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm going to post something I love about supermarkets - Tesco scan and shop, it's brilliant, no more queues, pack your bags as you shop, love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here