Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supermarkets selling Halal meat......

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just in case any of you vegetarians are feeling a little smug right now.

Take that
BmuE-_FIUAAtqyl.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why would I read any of that rag ?

Well, quite right, it is a rag however it will illustrate to you that a lot of you UKIP lot are very, very concerned about halal. What was the headline "THE QUIET TAKEOVER" or something. Haha.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THE ANIMAL IS KILLED.

Halal meat is simply when a prayer is read to the animal as it's slaughtered.

This story is simply more anti muslim propaganda.. however either way it is two stupid groups of people

1) Muslims thinking that a prayer must be read to the animal as it dies for religious purposes.
2) Racists, who gives a **** if a prayers is read to the chicken or twinkle twinkle little star??? It's just another excuse to hate.

Both are as pathetic as eachother.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Halal meat is simply a prayer being said to it as it is killed.

This is simply anti muslim propaganda.. however either way it is two stupid groups of people

1) Muslims thinking that a prayer must be read to the animal as it dies...
2) Racists, who gives a **** if a prayers is read to the chicken or twinkle twinkle little star???

That's not 100% true but you got the two points right for sure.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
It's such a nothing story. Birds gets slaughtered inhumanely at an enormous level whether it's halal or not, and I'm a bird lover. The Sun's 'story' is so bent and anti-muslim it's ridiculous.
If people were so concerned they wouldn't eat chicken to begin with.

Absolutely agree. I'd prefer my animals to have a proper Christian "stunning" before being killed, by stun i mean gassed, electrocuted or clubbed

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
But the slaughter of an animal is only a very small percentage (tame frame wise) of the animals life.

It may have been killed in an EU lawful way (which is positive) but could have lived in awful conditions, force fed etc, all its life preceding that.

Just complaining about the slaughter is a bit shortsighted really...
Just the point I was going to make (and I guess over time I've been as guilty as any other meat-eater of turning a blind eye to the living conditions of the animals who go towards the meat we buy). I think I'm either going to give up meat completely or at least only buy it very infrequently so I can afford the stuff that has lived a nice lifr in a field eating it's favourite food or whatever :)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Halal meat is simply when a prayer is read to the animal as it's slaughtered.

This story is simply more anti muslim propaganda.. however either way it is two stupid groups of people

1).

10-16% of Halal meat isn't stunned so it is no matter how many twatty caps you use

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
so in a nutchell.

BBC article explains Jewish and Muslim faith leaders call for better labeling on halal and kosher foods.

NSC bedwetters claim its the fault of UKIP ,The Daily Mail,The Sun and racists.

Genius work chaps:tosser:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
But the slaughter of an animal is only a very small percentage (tame frame wise) of the animals life.

It may have been killed in an EU lawful way (which is positive) but could have lived in awful conditions, force fed etc, all its life preceding that.

Just complaining about the slaughter is a bit shortsighted really...

Absolutely the best point on this thread.....if you still feel it necessary to eat meat then at least insist that the animals are not pumped full of antibiotics and kept/transported in awful conditions.

Yes, I'm sure it would be nice to think that meat is killed 'nicely' - but that's obviously a misnomer since meat became commercial.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just the point I was going to make (and I guess over time I've been as guilty as any other meat-eater of turning a blind eye to the living conditions of the animals who go towards the meat we buy). I think I'm either going to give up meat completely or at least only buy it very infrequently so I can afford the stuff that has lived a nice lifr in a field eating it's favourite food or whatever :)

and when the fluffy ickle bunnies come to eat the farmer's lettuce, the farmer picks them up turns them around and pats them on the tail, to send them on their way.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

I have started to eat free-range/freedom food as much as I can (not always easy when eating out or eating ready-meals etc).

Its actually (until very recently anyway) been pretty difficult to get free-range pork, especially sausages. Pigs are often awfully looked after..

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I don't eat meat so it's not an issue at all for me. But If i know somewhere uses meat that is not humane in the killing of animals then I would avoid it. It's choices.

and how do people think most of their meat is killed? cuddled to death by unicorns and rainbows?
:eek:

You mean it isn't!

Joking apart I have no idea how any of the meat I eat was killed (I don't eat lamb for the simple reason that I don't like it) and I am in the hypocrisy camp on this - should the meat I eat have "killed by bolt shot into brain" on it?

Anyone remember a BBC series of a while ago called "Full on Food"? I can best describe it as a food version of "Top Gear". They ran an excellent feature whereby a presenter and lapsed veggie followed a cow through the entire process from his helping choose it in the field, slaughter (they may have done a "look away now" bit for the act itself), cutting up plus cooking and eating it on the show. Can't find it on YouTube but it was thought provoking.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lambs (young Rams) stunned ! I hope so.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's such a nothing story. Birds gets slaughtered inhumanely at an enormous level whether it's halal or not, and I'm a bird lover. The Sun's 'story' is so bent and anti-muslim it's ridiculous.
If people were so concerned they wouldn't eat chicken to begin with.

Not really, I don't consider it a nothing story. In Luton is was not unusual to see proper Halal butchers, with Halal written on the shop sign. I wouldn't expect Muslims to eat non Halal, so why can't our supermarkers and restarants do decent thing for us and let us know what we eating so we are also given that choice. You can't have different rules. After this I will no longer buy meat from these supermarkets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here