Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superb resignation speech by Brown

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
He said recently that if he were to go, he wouldn't do anything for the money; he'd find something to do to help people

i really hope he sticks to that.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I like the bloke but just can't stand his or his parties politics/policies. Feel sorry for him in a way though was his dream job but all went a bit tits up

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very dignified exit, very different from that mad old bat from the 80s whose names escapes me and funnily enough name escapes David Cameron too.

I hated his thanking the troops after letting them down so badly.

Get real,

he obviously is greatly effected by the soldiers, the risks they take and the deaths.

If he is told the boys have the right gear - then they have the right gear,

Just don't believe the Media anti Brown crap. Itsworked and he is out.

The fact is he is a caring public servant, who cares and is more committed to looking after the poor, sick, etc than the majority of our politicians including Dave C.

To be honest.

I hope he now settles down and spends time with his wife and his beautiful boys, one has cystitus fibrosis.

He done his public duty now do your family duty.

He is a decent ma and did not deserve the spittle from our press. Attack the policies, the projects, the programmes but his vilification was a disgrace.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Very dignified exit, very different from that mad old bat from the 80s whose names escapes me and funnily enough name escapes David Cameron too.

:clap:

A decent man who has done his best - whether that was good enough is another question.

Appallingly treated by some newspapers. Hope he enjoys watching his kids growing up out of the spotlight, he deserves peace and quiet now.

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Well done Gordon.

Even conservative supporters can see that he is a good man who genuinly cares for what he is trying to do. :clap2: Good luck in the future, Labour will rise again!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I didn't think much of his government but he's a palpably decent man who was treated shabbily.

Interesting parallel with John Major, who was another decent man who got some shocking press. Both of them followed highly charismatic leaders and got compared unfairly with their predecessors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here