Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superb journalism from The Sun

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I think its SUPERB journalism. Its quite clear that Taylor is a NUTTER the camera as they say NEVER LIES.

Look at him THROWING himself into that challenge. Eyes shut, studs up. The guy is a THUG.

Obviously this is ON A PAR with the Hartson/Berkovic training ground incident a few years ago!

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Look the point is IT WAS A SHOCKINGLY BAD challenge and the player must accept the shit coming his way.
yes it was a bad tackle but I've seen MUCH worse and I'm sure you have. All reports from Brum seem to say he IS devastated by what happened but it's not like he deliberatly went out to break Eduardos leg. Talk about an over reaction

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't recall seeing many worse to be honest

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The point of this thread, by the way, wasn't to discuss the original challenge, but to discuss the merits or otherwise of this particular Sun article.

Which took a perfectly average snapshot of players training and attempted to turn it into something sinister.

Which in turn will further advance the witchhunt against Martin Taylor by some of the less intelligent amongst us, and cause someone who, by most accounts seems to be a decent guy who's made a fairly standard sporting error, no end of
undeserved abuse.

Even by The Sun's standards, that's pretty low IMHO.

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
I don’t post very often but I can’t let this go. Uncle Spielberg you occasionally make some insightful and intelligent posts but in the main you talk a load of drivel, this thread however takes the biscuit!

Saying that you can’t recall seeing many worse challenges is absolutely ridiculous, I will name you one straight away, Dean Hammonds in his last game for the club. That tackle was a dirty two footed lunge that differed in the way Martin Taylor tackled as Hammond threw himself into a tackle completely out of control and with real intent and aggression. Taylor went for the Ball stretching out his foot and was slightly too slow, there was no aggression in the tackle and his stretch raised his foot from the floor. If the Eduardo had not been injured and just got up and carried on then I have no doubt Taylor wouldn’t have been sent off.

Regarding the article in the Sun, can you honestly say that if that article had been written about you would have taken it on the chin, I would be seething. Its Journalism at its worst, to me that picture looks as if he has just passed the ball rather than even trying to tackle someone and the Sun should be ashamed.

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
Read the first post on this and thought must be a wind up, to think that the ignorant prick who wrote that article is getting paid for it, and worse still some gullible idiots may actually believe it.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here