Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Mac and McPhee (double hard bastard)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Two outcasts, one who endears himself to the fans by calling it like it is and the other gets a hat-trick in the reserves. We need a target man and as far as I'm concerned they are the answer. They may not score a massive amount of goals but definately give us another dimesion. I would start with one of them and one of CKR or Jakey, the other two would be on the bench. Give the two who start a decent run and see where it goes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:clap:

I agree. Showing lack of confidence in these guys can't be good for them. I would love a proven goalscorer to join us, but we have to use what we already have. Give it a shot, we have nothing to lose. I think a player fighting for a contract would be much better than an old pro looking for a time filler/wage packet.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I really wouldn't mind which one as long as they got a run of at least 12 games.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Marshy said:
id rather mcphee than the big mac if i had to choose.

Me too. Mcphee and CKR to start for me.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:
a decent run and see where it goes.

Those words are alien to our manager.

Regrettably if he had done this at the beginning of the season maybe losing Leon wouldnt have been such a blow. Now we are looking for a quick fix.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not even going to entertain the idea that McCammon might play first team football for us again and would be more than happy if his contract was terminated.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Super Mac and McPhee (double hard bastard)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

Regrettably if he had done this at the beginning of the season maybe losing Leon wouldnt have been such a blow. Now we are looking for a quick fix.

I have to agree totally with this Tone.

I also think McPhee and CKR could become a very good combo up front for us.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Rather than keep swapping our players around let's pick a pair and STICK WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS this merry-go-round is doing nothing for the confidence of our strikers or our ability to put the ball in the back of the net.

Carole and Fruty on the wings. Both have PROVEN ability to get a decent cross in. Chippy and Mayo in the centre. Lynch, Hinsh, McShane, Reid at the back.

I'd then pick McCammon and CKR up front. If they can't score with that set up then f*** OFF!

This then leaves us with a nice looking bench of;

Butters, Hamond, Hart etc. plenty of talent there to mix thing up if we need to.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Re: Re: Super Mac and McPhee (double hard bastard)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

leon who ....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Lammy said:
Rather than keep swapping our players around let's pick a pair and STICK WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS this merry-go-round is doing nothing for the confidence of our strikers or our ability to put the ball in the back of the net.

Carole and Fruty on the wings. Both have PROVEN ability to get a decent cross in. Chippy and Mayo in the centre. Lynch, Hinsh, McShane, Reid at the back.

I'd then pick McCammon and CKR up front. If they can't score with that set up then f*** OFF!

This then leaves us with a nice looking bench of;

Butters, Hamond, Hart etc. plenty of talent there to mix thing up if we need to.

Mayo in midfield?

Thank goodness you are not the manager.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I think the hat-trick might be enough to earn McPhee a place on the bench but McGhee has started him a couple of times after he scored goals for fun in the reserves and he has been found wanting.

CKR and OGH to start up front for me.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
Agree with a settled pair up front....like to see CKR and one from McPhee, McCammon or the Argie fellow.

Robinson could do a job on the right wing as well as Carole if it came to it and even putting Reidy in Centre midfield has to be looked at surely....

If it gets totally critical, we can put Butters up there just to flick on and hold up now Hinsh is fit.....

Finally McGhee could play himself...:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I like Gary Hart and think he is a great servant to the club, not least because he does a passable job in nearly every position. But he is not the answer to our problems up front, however McPhee or McCammon might be with a run in the side.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Are you all forgetting how bad McPhee is?? He\'ll work hard, but has no conviction when it comes to scoring goals at this level. I\'d go for McCammon to play with Hart and then bring CKR off the bench, or rotate starting places with Big Mac.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
But,but......McCammon is a total turkey and should not be playing in the professional game.Better players than him pay to play in the park.He can rant all he wants on the radio,but he's as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

Please end these silly threads.Let's concentrate on football and footballers.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What we need to do is get relegated then next season when they're playing against weaker opposition they'll look really good.

Problem solved.

What do you mean 'NO!' ?

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
McPhee and CKR to start on Saturday.

Then keep them there for 10 games (injuries/suspension permitting) and see what the return is.

We seemed to be doomed anyway so why not give it a try you lardy jocko clown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here