Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Brightonian and Albion quiz oh yes....

D

Deleted User X18H

1) What number bus used to be a clockwise and anti clockwise service from the Station to Hangleton?
2) Who was Trefold Mills and what did he do ?
3) What was The Ancient Mariner in Hove formerly called ? and should be now!
4) Which Lewes player played once badly for The Albion in 1987?
5) Name the station formerly between Brighton & Hove?
6) Name the ex QPR player who started as an Albion fullback in the 1982-83 season but didn't feature from October onwards but summerised on Radio two on Cup Final day.
7) What is the proper name for Snakey Hill
8) Who got stuck on the M23 in 1989 and who took his place and what had he drunk that lunch time?
9)What did the residents of Whitehawk get soaked with in 1988?
10) Who was regarded as 13th man in the 1983 Cup Final Team and who was banned for both Matches?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
1) Was it number 6?
2) Referee who gave a dodgy decision against Newcastle in our FA Cup match with them
10) Steve Foster

NB: I may have known more of these had I been born before 1981.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
4) Grant Horscroft
7) King George VI Road

Foster played in replay!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
3) the Rutland

5) 'twas the original Hove Station and was re-named Holland Road.
I think the station called 'Hove' that was open from 1840 to 1880 wasn't at quite the same location as Holland Road Halt (which was open from 1905 to 1956). Holland Road Halt was slightly to the west of the original Hove station.

Cliftonville and West Brighton Station opened in 1865 and was renamed Hove and West Brighton in 1893. It took on its present name (Hove) in 1895.

I think the station called 'Hove' that was open from 1840 to 1880 wasn't at quite the same location as Holland Road Halt (which was open from 1905 to 1956). Holland Road Halt was slightly to the west of the original Hove station.

Cliftonville and West Brighton Station opened in 1865 and was renamed Hove and West Brighton in 1893. It took on its present name (Hove) in 1895.

Then there's Dyke Junction and Rowan to consider as well.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was Don Shanks still playing for us when he ended up on the front page of the News of The World after a punch up with George Best ?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Why do I get the feeling that the only way you know any of this is because you've been to the library & signed out a few books?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1 - 8 5B
2 - Reffed the Newcastle cup replay
3 - rutland
4 - Grant Horscroft
5 - Holland Road Halt
6 - Don Shanks
7 - King george VI Avenue
8 - Perry Digweed - John Keeley - a couple of pints of lager in the Stadium
9 - Is it PISS?
10 - Terry Connor Cuptied rather than banned. Foster was banned for the first game. Second one, not sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here