• I'm not staying up for that shit!!!

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Its normally later than that isnt it? Theres normally all the warm up acts before the game starts

Just checked on superbowl.com (the things i do to avoid exam revision) and kick off is 6.30ET, so I make that 11.30 over here. Although I think its one of those things where they get the TV audiences in and it always kicks off late, after the National Anthem/fly past etc.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
ATFC Seagull said:
Just checked on superbowl.com (the things i do to avoid exam revision) and kick off is 6.30ET, so I make that 11.30 over here. Although I think its one of those things where they get the TV audiences in and it always kicks off late, after the National Anthem/fly past etc.

Fairy nuff :) - im doing a lot of exam revision avoidance techniques too!!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've been saying this for years but I wish they kicked off 3pm in whatever time zone the game is i.e ET would be 8pm PT 11pm,
when was the superbowl last on the west coast?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Timbo said:
And what time does it finish? Its as dull as dishwater. Like an olympic opening ceremony. It goes on for about 8 hours and nothing really happens.

Something tells me you've missed the finer points of the game.

Hey, any sport is dull if you don't understand the game. Personally, I follow NFL pretty closely, and I'd say it's my 3rd fav sport behind football and cricket.

It doesn't go on for 8 hours. The game will last about 3 hours, any more than that is just build up and analysis, and is no more (far less in fact) than the extended build-up given to the FA Cup Final every year.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
chicken run said:
I've been saying this for years but I wish they kicked off 3pm in whatever time zone the game is i.e ET would be 8pm PT 11pm,

I don't know for sure, but I always think of the Superbowl as kicking off before midnight. 11.30 this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the time every year. Sounds about right.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As to who I want, I'm torn. I have friends who support each team, (2 Steelers, 1 Seahawk), and a mate has had money on the Seahawks all season.

As for the teams, there are players I like on both sides. Shaun Alexander (Seahawks) is a tremendous running back, and doesn't get the credit he deserves. Won the running title this year, but a man of his talents should be getting the recongnition a Superbowl ring brings you.

Steelers have Troy Pulamalo at Strong Safety, who is just phenomenal, a real treat to watch. Covers a tremendous amount of ground, fantastic pace, strong tackler and reads the QB so well, he is always a threat with an Interception. Helped by having fast CB's that he rarely has to cover, he is virtually playing linebacker half the time. Superb to watch.

The Bus (Steelers) - well, he's been superb, a legend. Everyone expects him to retire after the season, so to finish with a Superbowl in his hometown of Detroit would seem fitting.

I like both teams, but I think I'll be cheering for the Seahawks. My brother supports them because "the name is so close to be the Seagulls." Fair enough Graham, can't argue with that. I'll be a Seahawk for the night.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Seahawks - but actually I won't be too upset if the Steelers win for the sake of the Bus and the Rooney family (no, not wayne). Hopefully the World's greatest annual sporting event will get the classic it deserves.

Really looking forward to it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gritt23 said:

Hey, any sport is dull if you don't understand the game. Personally, I follow NFL pretty closely, and I'd say it's my 3rd fav sport behind football and cricket.

It doesn't go on for 8 hours. The game will last about 3 hours, any more than that is just build up and analysis, and is no more (far less in fact) than the extended build-up given to the FA Cup Final every year.
I'd even go as far as to say that the NFL is a much better sporting competition than the Premier League and the Superbowl is much better than the FA Cup as a one-off sporting event.

Could have done with out the Rolling Stones though as per my views on guitar bands in Dandyman's 'worst band' thread.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Is it on any terrestial TV channel here, or do you have to be a Sky subscriber?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
its probably on itv2 and channel five, as five have had it for the last few years and itv2 have been covering it this year

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
c'mon seahawks!:clap:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
chicken run said:

Its been in San Diego twice in the last few years I think, always kicks off at the same time though regardless of Time Zone.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Think its Sky Sports and ITV, has been the last few years anyway. I'm pretty certain that someone has live terrestrial rights. Pretty sure as well that ITV will have the ridiculously patronising 'International Commentary', which is basically explaining the rules as the game progresses and introducing the players - a good idea but annoying when you're a follower of the game.

Need Sky to get the yanks commentary!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Gritt23 said:

Fair comment. No I don't understand it. Someone tried to tell me once but it didn't make sense.

Although I hate it I can see the appeal. I know someone thats been to a couple of NFL games and they say its great if your there. If you think how dull half time at football is (at just 15 minutes) the Americans and their obsession with Value for money don't put up with it. That means they get entertained from the moment they get in to the moment they leave. Whats entertaining about some of it is a mystery but you have to accept they are after all American.

Surely it wouldn't be hard over here to follow their lead and at least have a penalty competition or something at half time.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Timbo said:
Fair comment. No I don't understand it. Someone tried to tell me once but it didn't make sense.

Although I hate it I can see the appeal. I know someone thats been to a couple of NFL games and they say its great if your there. If you think how dull half time at football is (at just 15 minutes) the Americans and their obsession with Value for money don't put up with it. That means they get entertained from the moment they get in to the moment they leave. Whats entertaining about some of it is a mystery but you have to accept they are after all American.

Surely it wouldn't be hard over here to follow their lead and at least have a penalty competition or something at half time.

The Superbowl halftime show is a one-off. Half time in the NFL is usually about 10 mins.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Steelers for me and the Rolling Stones are playing at half-time as well.

Probably only last upto half-time though :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here