Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Super Bowl XLV Green Bay Packers v Pittsburgh Steelers - Official Match Thread***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Really enjoyed the game, gripping from start to finish. I had a bluey on the Steelers which is obviously why they came up short. Veered between being convinced they had no chance to convinced they were going to do it, cracking stuff.

Enjoyed seeing that cameraman get wiped out as well, that was HILARIO.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yeah I'd love to see the footage from that particular camera as the player ploughs into it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
BEP crap. Aguilera crap. Thankfuly the game was great. Everything seemed to go right for Green bay in the 1st half and then wrong in the 2nd (think they gave up at least three penalties in the 3rd quarter). Thought the Steelers might come back but they blew that last drive. Also have to say that having chosen to watch on the beeb rather than sky I though Tiki Barber's analysis was great and really helpful to understanding the game.

I ended up sticking with the Beeb too as I got tired of the commericials on Sky. I thought they did an excellent job, and Tiki was very sharp and interesting. Great game, yet another Superbowl that insists you stay up until the final minute.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought BBC was very good presenting and a bit of a marathon day for Jake Humphries as he did the Swansea v Cardiff game earlier.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
going back to the first page and the question about teh superbash, did you go? we were there and while it wasn't one of the better superbashes it was fun. tiki barber was good value and of course victor 'born the wrong side of the sea' it was good fun. the food was much better than in previous years thanks to bodeans and while you have to pay for the beer the soft drinks, pepsi etc are all free. it's good craic.

arlo white is hideous. bring back trevor.

the scarletz? that is the last time nfluk should ever ask some two bit skanky bints to sing. booed left right and centre started to feel a bit sorry for them but what were nfluk thinking?!

and the colts cheerleaders? wtf was that was all about. never seen them perform like that at lucas oil. thank the lord we don't pansy around with cheerleaders at soldier field. embarrassment.

but the game. not sure how anyone can say that was a good superbowl. the house that jerry built, while nice to look at, let everyone down. can't spend, spend,spend and just assume more money equals a great bash. going for the attendance record like he did was selfish and stupid. hopefully dallas will never get chance to screw people over again. i know the weather is not normal for them but lordy me, poor show.

the half time was shit. of course, everything is bigger in texas, bep, slash, usher, blah freaking blah. makes a mockery out of the likes of the who and the stones really. the costumes were kind of neat but playing lets get this party started and that good night song half through a dull superbowl was rubbish.

and the football was poor, neither team was any good, rodgers an mvp by default but hey ho. i had odds 1 1 5 in the pool so that was a tidy bit of change to pay for next years trips over to soldier field. it was never going to be a footballing spectacle, you were more likely to see some smash mouth d rather than a pretty o but we got neither.

one thing i want to say and i know there are one or two of you who follow the bafl but ian chown is an absolute top bloke. so glad to see him win the unsung hero award.

but on to next year. and that is why the nfl is great it's not guaranteed to be scum v chelsea/liverpool/arsenal at the top. it could be the browns vs lions :drink::drink:

looking forward to smith and goodell sorting out the cba now. fingers crossed we get a season.

april 28th draft day!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
no mate, just honest. i thought it was a rubbish game, neither team was any cop, it was a superbowl to forget! and that was the general consensus from us all at the 'bash.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well in my (relatively) uneducated view, I thought it was a cracking game. The Packers never got quite far enough ahead to rule out a Steelers comeback, and at one point when they got that 2 point conversion it really did look like game on, before it all fell apart again with that turnover soon after. Quite a thrilling chase I thought.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought Black Eyed Peas was stunning brilliant, superb choreography and entertainment - seems like I was on my own with this though

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the match was good on an emotional level, but not on a technical level. The half time show was no worse than normal, but that's what happens with the set up they have when performing a show in the middle of a football pitch.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Thought Black Eyed Peas was stunning brilliant, superb choreography and entertainment - seems like I was on my own with this though

When you were in the stadium, the half-time show was one of the best ever for sheer spectacle. I believe it didn't come across on TV, where they insisted on close-ups rather than trying to capture the stadium experience. Better than The 'Oo last year, Stones in Detroit, the Malfunction in Houston, or Gwen Stefani + Sting in San Diego (the worst by some distance). Not as good as Prince or Springsteen.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When you were in the stadium, the half-time show was one of the best ever for sheer spectacle. I believe it didn't come across on TV, where they insisted on close-ups rather than trying to capture the stadium experience. Better than The 'Oo last year, Stones in Detroit, the Malfunction in Houston, or Gwen Stefani + Sting in San Diego (the worst by some distance). Not as good as Prince or Springsteen.

Having watched that again on You Tube it must have been simply awesome to have been there, totally stunning.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada

"Good as Prince" really? That was a terrible halftime show.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Usher really was on another planet as just watched it again on Youtube - it really was simply stunning beyond belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here