Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Suomi vs Россия, Türkiye vs Cymru, Italia vs Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Wow. I didn’t think Bale had a performance like that in him (pen aside).

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Why don’t they just make Bale player manager. The bloke is sensational when playing for his country and clearly that’s the Only thing he can get up for on a football pitch.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still Welsh whatever way you look at it though :shrug:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Second time the nation has qualified to further stages in their history. I can take tears of joy all day long. Crying cos your team has lost can never be excused.

have they qualified? ???

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They made it to the semi final last time in this competition, so a little bit over the top the celebrations to me for a group game.
But all credit to Wales, at least they are not demanding independence every 5 minutes unlike another home nation I could mention.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Second time the nation has qualified to further stages in their history. I can take tears of joy all day long. Crying cos your team has lost can never be excused.

Third - QF of WC 58 and SF Euro 16

Arddechog bois,chwarae da. Dw i ddim gallu aros am yr Eidal

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
With 56 million English and those very same academies, we must be incredible at football.

No pressure on Southgate.

I think we are pretty decent at the moment as it goes, just a shame about the manager!

The point was just saying there’s 3 million and how plucky they are doesn’t really wash on closer inspection

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we are pretty decent at the moment as it goes, just a shame about the manager!

The point was just saying there’s 3 million and how plucky they are doesn’t really wash on closer inspection

I did get your point :smile:. They’re not a footballing backwater, when taking into account the elite academies on their doorstep who no doubt scout Wales for talented kids.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wales should’ve been out of sight much, much earlier.

I’ve also realised that the best 4 3rd-placed teams format massively advantages teams in the later groups. The final couple of groups will know exactly what they need to do to get a spot, whereas the early groups have no idea.

I’m sure Wales have enough there though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just finished watching the Wales game on catch up.

Marvellous scenes! :clap:

Really chuffed for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here