Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland cup tie

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
I think I might try a different stand for this one. I'm sure it's been on here before but if I do buy a ticket in a different seat to my season ticket will it be loaded onto my smart card or will I get a paper ticket?

Paper, which is quite annoying as I know i am going to have to queue up to get it before the game.

It's really looking like the home end will sell out now. We have today (payday) matchday tomorrow, and then those who wern't going but simply have to come Monday!

Shame on me for suggesting it was priced too high. I am sorry. I was wrong!

What's happening with Sunderland tickets though. I thought they might struggle to sell out the South stand. But the southern most East stand block is not available. Surely they don't need an extra 800 tickets from here?

It's really looking like the home end will sell out now. We have today (payday) matchday tomorrow, and then those who wern't going but simply have to come Monday!

Shame on me for suggesting it was priced too high. I am sorry. I was wrong!

What's happening with Sunderland tickets though. I thought they might struggle to sell out the South stand. But the southern most East stand block is not available. Surely they don't need an extra 800 tickets from here?

I'd hazard a guess most get paid monthly now (except maybe the building trade)

you were not wrong to suggest it was expensive, just because you, me and 19,000 others have paid it, it doesn't mean we cant have a little grumble about the prices of football in general, its a (reletively)free country. I mean, who in 2004 couls afford an addittional 2 matches v Swindon and a massive day out in Cardiff all within about 2 weeks, we did it though!

I would have thought, just to avoid any sort of f*** up's the whole Sunderland allocation will be held back, with the club safe in the knowledge that they can put the East Stand on sale when Sunderland confirm numbers i.e Monday lunchtime rather than surmise Sunderlands needs (estimates on here vary from 500 - 5,000!)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There is still quite a long way to go before it looks like even getting close to selling out... according to the online stadium plan - 15 blocks out of 24 have GOOD availability (which looks like about a third of the seats unsold) and 2 of those have very good (which looks like over half unsold) + the last East Stand block is not available (hopefully Sunderland have this and will sell it??).

Still, obviously people ARE paying up despite nearly 50% saying it was 'too expensive'. Perhaps that would be better expressed as 'more expensive than I would like but I'll still go anyway!'.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think this is correct. However, if the 800 seats in that final block didn't go on sale til Monday, I doubt we would shift them in time
I will hold you to that,... I bet they would if made available.

There is still quite a long way to go before it looks like even getting close to selling out... according to the online stadium plan - 15 blocks out of 24 have GOOD availability (which looks like about a third of the seats unsold) and 2 of those have very good (which looks like over half unsold) + the last East Stand block is not available (hopefully Sunderland have this and will sell it??).

Still, obviously people ARE paying up despite nearly 50% saying it was 'too expensive'. Perhaps that would be better expressed as 'more expensive than I would like but I'll still go anyway!'.

I monitored the sales closely for Gills (I have too much time) and I would say at this moment in time we have a similar number of seats available as we did on the Monday lunchtime before the game against Gills. That means we will sell out and sell out with 24 to spare (unless the get the East stand south back)

I think the stands show as limited when there are about 15% of the seats remaining, so in some of the smaller WSU blocks, this can mean as little as 20 or 30 seats.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There is still quite a long way to go before it looks like even getting close to selling out...'.
Why do you say that,... as at 6pm Weds they had sold 14500 out of 19500 ish ( not counting away allocation),... that leaves only 5k for general sale,.... I am telling you, it will sell very well,... and Sunderland will sell more than most on here predict, they have a massive following from fans all over the country, plenty who cannot get to home or away games normally because of the demand,... so this is their chance.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why do you say that,... as at 6pm Weds they had sold 14500 out of 19500 ish ( not counting away allocation),... that leaves only 5k for general sale,.... I am telling you, it will sell very well,... and Sunderland will sell more than most on here predict, they have a massive following from fans all over the country, plenty who cannot get to home or away games normally because of the demand,... so this is their chance.

I hope so. My Sunderland supporting mate seems to think otherwise though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The poll that was meant to put this issue to bed didn't have that option so I didn't vote in it.

To be fair the poll asked it we thought it was too expensive, not are we going to pay it or not. I felt it was a little steep, but paid up regardless. Not including my season ticket cost, I have probably just spent my 500th quid since August 1st following my team. Hey ho!

To be fair the poll asked it we thought it was too expensive, not are we going to pay it or not. I felt it was a little steep, but paid up regardless. !

I absolutely agree with you and think many people will feel the same. It's interesting how many 'updates' there have been on the website encouraging people to 'get in while stocks last' - almost as if the club is desperate to attract a large crowd to justify the pricing. The fact they are the first Prem team to play at the Amex in a competitive fixture bloomin well ought to mean a healthy gate but whether or not the pricing is reasonable is another matter.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
you were not wrong to suggest it was expensive, just because you, me and 19,000 others have paid it, it doesn't mean we cant have a little grumble about the prices of football in general, its a (reletively)free country. I mean, who in 2004 couls afford an addittional 2 matches v Swindon and a massive day out in Cardiff all within about 2 weeks, we did it though!

Agree entirely. [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] you weren't / aren't wrong IMO you're right and a lot agree. Just cos the tickets will sell out it doesn't been people are happy with it. It's an addiction is the Albion! Also if we weren't doing so well and it wasn't still a brand new stadium / experience for us i doubt we'd have sold more than 12k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here