Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sundays Amex opening times. Wake up !!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Name a retail outlet that isn't open on a Sunday?

It wouldn't cost much to staff the shop and Dick's for Sunday open hours. Don't think the restaurant would continue to be viable though. Agree with those who think the club is missing a trick here about the shop and bar

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
How stupid are our fans? Do people really not bother to check Sunday opening times before they drive to Falmer?

The shop is open on 6 other days, what is the obsession with wasting your Sunday pissing about in the middle of nowhere. It will never be a long term option, once the novelty has worn off people will go back to visiting a nice pub for lunch and a beer. The club shop is open on any matchday or early evening, just go then. It's a no brainer really, if it wasn't the football club and just a normal retail outlet I bet none of you would give a shit :shrug:
......A tad harsh ,but true !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What are the opening hours of the east stand brasserie? I thought that was going to open on a Sunday?

Edit : found the opening hours but it's only on a match day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With the right marketing, it has the ability to become a 'cash cow', drink in the bar, Sunday lunches in the restaurants (on non match days), merchandise from the shop, swipe those smart cards across the readers......

Could also be used to ease new catering staff into the job in a less pressured environment than on a matchday. Everybody wins!

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Totally agree. Match days are way too busy in the shop, and I can't get there in the week, so Sundays could be massive. Open a carvery in the East stand Brasserie, and I'll spend the day there!
exactly this,my family regularly go out with other members of fam for carverys and beers,would make a good alternative defo!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really don't think a Sunday carvery would be a continued success after the initial opening exitement. Reckon numbers would dwindle very quickly

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
To Barca, ManU and countless other clubs the stadium is BOTH

Hardly a fair comparisom. at Barca and Maure the tour will let you see the European Cup.

can't believe that many people will queue up and pay to catch a glimpse of the Sussex Senior Cup or the Townsend Thorenson trophy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hardly a fair comparisom. at Barca and Maure the tour will let you see the European Cup.

can't believe that many people will queue up and pay to catch a glimpse of the Sussex Senior Cup or the Townsend Thorenson trophy

Well they're planning stadium tours already so they must be planning to show them SOMETHING. It's not about the cups, I'd suggest, it's about the photo opportunity and the chance to buy something out the shop. Or maybe just a chance to join the 92 Club. Or at the back of the WSU the Mile High Club.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph

What about the 3 CHAMPIONS trophys and the PLAYOFF final cup we won at Withdean. we would have got to keep last years trophy for a year and we get to keep replicas of the others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here