Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sundays Amex opening times. Wake up !!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
errrr tours to see what exactly.

an empty stadium and some upturned seats............................ not sumfink i'd shell out cash for

and remember this is also an educational establsihment and a corporate entertaining venue during the non football times. So it migt be quite busy

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Went round the other Sunday after the Spurs game with my kid and was going to buy her a shirt in the shop...Was surprised to find it closed and there were a few people knocking around outside....Surely 10am- 4pm is something that should be considered with a small staffing.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
this

Should open the bar too so can watch football on tv

surprised the bar not open ,so many games being played on sundays now plus a opportunity to see high lights of our games.
and agree think the shop should open sundays 11 till 4 at least.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Possibly because getting a ticket aint easy if you dont have a seasons ticket.

Oh my God why are people still spouting this rubbish?

Difficult in what way? Difficult to dial 0845 496 1901 and repeat some numbers from the plastic thing in your wallet? Difficult to go to Untitled and copy some numbers from the plastic thing in your wallet? Difficult to go to either the Amex or the Queens Road shop and hand over the plastic thing in your wallet?

Or do you think the club should knock on your door the week before each game and ask if you would like to attend, and if so hand over a ticket?

Reactions: Fef

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I popped into Dick's one evening last week and spoke to the lady behind the bar. Apparently it closes at 8pm during the week, and is closed on non-matchday Saturdays as well. Madness.

Plenty of people will be visiting the club shop there on non-matchday Saturdays who probably would have popped in for a beer if it was open. And I was also hoping they'd pipe the SCR live commentary through to Dick's - I had ideas of spending the odd afternoon there when we're playing away having a few shandies listening to the match.

Disappointing.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I was going to go on BH Monday at the end of the month as I cannot on a match day as my daughter isn't 18 until January, but it will be closed.

Can under 18s get in to Dicks Bar on non-match days, as if so I've just found the perfect thing to do with my nephew for an hour or so when he comes down in a weeks time?!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can under 18s get in to Dicks Bar on non-match days, as if so I've just found the perfect thing to do with my nephew for an hour or so when he comes down in a weeks time?!

Yes, U18's are allowed in on non-matchdays.

Its just getting there on the few occasions its bloody open (you'll be alright during the week, till 8pm though)

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
The club need to get up with demand and open on Sundays. Open up the shop, a bar wth a view of the ground, the ticket office !! Hundreds of people are turning up on a Sunday! Whats going on !!!!!!!!!
This may not go on for ever but wake up!!!

it aint a f***ing tourist attraction. its home.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
A few NSCers went to The Imtech Arena last year on a non match day. They had a restaurant over looking the pitch and the club shop was built with one massive glass wall on one side so you could look into the impressive stadium. Shop is about the same size as the one at The AMEX

I was really impressed with it, it would be good if our store was like that, but im just being picky.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
it aint a f***ing tourist attraction. its home.

With the right marketing, it has the ability to become a 'cash cow', drink in the bar, Sunday lunches in the restaurants (on non match days), merchandise from the shop, swipe those smart cards across the readers......

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
With the right marketing, it has the ability to become a 'cash cow', drink in the bar, Sunday lunches in the restaurants (on non match days), merchandise from the shop, swipe those smart cards across the readers......

i dont want all that shit at my club thanks.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Took a friend for a tour around the outside of the stadium last Sunday and for a drink in Dick's Bar. Couldn't believe the bar, and the club shop, was closed. Again lot's of people milling around. Early days I know but the Albion don't seem to help themselves sometimes in their commercial activities.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Totally agree. At the very least the shop not opening on sunday makes very little sense in this day and age. Also if sunday shoppers knew there was the chance of lunch and pint or indeed the opportunity take the tour then another lucrative revenue stream gets opened.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Possibly because getting a ticket aint easy if you dont have a seasons ticket.

Now that we CAN blame on Fatcher,she made it illegal to drink in sight of a pitch,even the private box holders at League level football matches can only drink if watching the game on a telly.
Egg chasing fans can drink on the terraces though.

I have seen many supporters carrying their pints to their seats, is this particular law enforced by the stewards ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I was also hoping they'd pipe the SCR live commentary through to Dick's - I had ideas of spending the odd afternoon there when we're playing away having a few shandies listening to the match.

Disappointing.

What a dam good idea that would be, Pretty confident it would get a fair few in each away game if it was know it would be on.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
How stupid are our fans? Do people really not bother to check Sunday opening times before they drive to Falmer?

The shop is open on 6 other days, what is the obsession with wasting your Sunday pissing about in the middle of nowhere. It will never be a long term option, once the novelty has worn off people will go back to visiting a nice pub for lunch and a beer. The club shop is open on any matchday or early evening, just go then. It's a no brainer really, if it wasn't the football club and just a normal retail outlet I bet none of you would give a shit :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here