Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday 8th May - a city wide Albion Promotion Celebration

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I don't really see how it is "political scapegoating" tbh or sanctimonious. I do however think that it's a tad disingenuous for someone who took a unilateral stand in opposing the application to now be excitedly discussing the benefits it will bring that he presumably decided were outweighed by whatever his objection was in the first place. If he has since publicly stated he was wrong to oppose the stadium then that's fine, like you (Joey DDS) say we are all entitled to change our views. If not it does smack of the bandwagon somewhat only most bandwagon jumpers tend to join in rather than directly oppose and then join in. Again as you say he can't really be expected to never mention the Albion, Falmer etc so maybe a simple "despite my initial concerns all those years ago..." etc etc.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Are we saying Mr Smith is a JCL? I look forward to meeting him in the 1901 club then :jester:

The tw@t.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Looks like we will be getting up early to get back from Notts County, not missing the parade.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't really see how it is "political scapegoating" tbh or sanctimonious. I do however think that it's a tad disingenuous for someone who took a unilateral stand in opposing the application to now be excitedly discussing the benefits it will bring that he presumably decided were outweighed by whatever his objection was in the first place. If he has since publicly stated he was wrong to oppose the stadium then that's fine, like you (Joey DDS) say we are all entitled to change our views. If not it does smack of the bandwagon somewhat only most bandwagon jumpers tend to join in rather than directly oppose and then join in. Again as you say he can't really be expected to never mention the Albion, Falmer etc so maybe a simple "despite my initial concerns all those years ago..." etc etc.

Wise words Mr BB. I have no idea why Joey DDS was getting so agitated.

David Smith was strongly against the stadium - my parents wrote to him about it. An acknowledgement of his previous position might give him a little more credibility when discussing positive aspects of the stadium.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

David Smith was strongly against the stadium - my parents wrote to him about it. An acknowledgement of his previous position might give him a little more credibility when discussing positive aspects of the stadium.
Spot on. I often agree with Mr Disco Suit but I think he's well off the mark here. Hearing Smith giving any praise whatsoever to the Albion is as grating and false as hearing Scotsman Gordon Brown saying he wanted England to do well in the World Cup. It don't sit right with me.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
All those overnighters in Nottingham will have to rise nice and early! :lol:

and I'd planned it so well.

Mr OW "Fancy going to see your Mother?" (who lives in Nottingham)

Mrs OW "That'd be nice"

Mr OW "We'll make a weekend of it"

Mrs OW "Great we'll stay the weekend come back Sunday evening"

Next conversation ....

Mr OW "How about we come back striaght after the match?"

Mrs OW "You can %&$£ right off"

Mr OW "Perhaps I'll just drive up for the day"

Mrs OW " "

followed by more

Mrs OW " "

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Absolutely.

I have time for those who were against - they had their views and had the right to campaign against it. I personally didn't agree with Melanie Cuttress and Eric Huxham or Tom Carr but in all the face to face correspondence I had with them they concentrated on their interpretation of facts and their opinion (clearly stated as such)

What I do have issues with are those who tried to besmirch the good name of some and cast doubt on the club's motives with mud slinging, innuendo and disingenuous comments etc. And in this list go David Smith, Norman Baker, Marina Pepper and just a few others.

As has been said - a simple caveat statement or context wouldn't have gone amiss here.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Back on topic, how many people do you think will turn out?

The last one, which ended on Madeira Drive, was pretty poorly attended, I thought, considering 30 odd thousand had made the trip to Cardiff. In fact it was a bit embarrassing.

The one previous to that, which finished at Hove Town Hall was rocking.

The last one, which ended on Madeira Drive, was pretty poorly attended, I thought, considering 30 odd thousand had made the trip to Cardiff. In fact it was a bit embarrassing.

The two Championship ones, ending at Hove Town Hall and King's House repspectively, were brilliant. I even CRIED at the 2001 one, but that was more down to the hangover. The 2004 parade was a bit crap.

I'm going to predict 20,000, which will be reported in the Argus as 100,000.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The two Championship ones, ending at Hove Town Hall and King's House repspectively, were brilliant. I even CRIED at the 2001 one, but that was more down to the hangover. The 2004 parade was a bit crap.

I'm going to predict 20,000, which will be reported in the Argus as 100,000.
Yeah, I didn't bother going in 2004 having already seen the trophy at Cardiff. And no matter how they dress it up the play-offs is basically just a competition to see who finished third. There's not much kudos is having the 'also promoted' slot.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I don't even remember the Madiera Drive one, must've been on holiday or something. The one before that was on King's Esplanade.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
What time did the previous 2 start ? Im planning on getting drunk but dont want it to start to early (hopefully the club will read this message and take note !) :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here