Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer Signings - Saisfied or dissapointed

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Quite pleased. Hopefully a couple more quality players arriving next week.

Shame we didn't get the Stockport manager as well as the players imo. Having said that Slade deserves his chance, I just don't think he's as good a manager as Gannon SEEMS to be.

I know I'm pretty well alone here but our pre-season form worries me. Does anyone know what Slade's preferred style of play is historically, is it route one as I fear it may be?

Not alone mate. Our pre season form has been woeful. I know they are only friendlies but we haven't played any quality teams yet. First three games of the season without a win, will bring everyone down to earth............

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
hasnt blown loads of dosh on overrated has beens,just picked up some decent players on the relative cheap and a very good one on loan,so all in all pretty satisfied even if he dosent add b4 the opening game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The biggest worry is that we have not looked like scoring or even having a decent shot yet
but only time will tell if we are nearly ready for the league games.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The biggest worry is that we have not looked like scoring or even having a decent shot yet
but only time will tell if we are nearly ready for the league games.

A recurring theme last season was that we looked to be utterly bereft of ideas on how to break down a team and create a scoring chance. Reluctant to say it, but worryingly that still looks to be the case, at least in pre-season. Still, happy enough to write off the entire pre-season as a fitness/team building exercise and reserve judgement for the first couple of league games. But they need to be able to switch up a gear.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Again I feel this simply emphasises the needs we have as a team.

RS understands the MIDFIELD needs some work and he is obviously tackling that very issue.

I personally would like to see us win the pre season games but if we don't so be it....

I would rather lose and as an end result get some better players in....

I also see that Jake wright from Crawley played the whole game..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here