Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Subbuteo, did you ever ?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Tom Hark said:
Once more I, a humble acolyte, prostrate myself and genuflect in the general direction of Sir Lord Bracknell MP

:bowdown:

Thank god he did, i was about go on about the tv tower and 'electronic resembling' scoreboard i had.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, it is definitely in the attic, along with about 15 different teams, including the Albion...of course!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I had:

Football - great
Cricket - not bad
Rugby - pointless shite ( apart from the kicker, many an hour I would spend "kicking" goals

I also had a wierd scalextric horse racing version.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bloody hell look at the size of this

JrmL4w.jpg

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

35_1_b.JPG

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One for The Lord of Bracknell

f7_2.JPG

Lord Bracknell said:
Tucked away somewhere in the loft (either there or the Teaboy has nicked it) is a boxed set of 1950s vintage Subbuteo, dating from the time when there were only two teams available - the team in red shirts and the team in blue shirts.

Probably worth a fortune, if it was complete and undamaged - which it isn't.
The exact same set - in good nick - is currently going for £250 on eBay.

cf_1.JPG

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I never liked it much, not enough aggression.

brightonbc

Sep 2, 2006
portslade
This is spooky, i have just introduced it to my 4 year old son, i dug a set out ive had for a few years, within 2 days and two of his friends, they have managed to kill half of each team already, by standing or kneeling on them.
I loved subbateo as a kid, i had so many fights with my brother about it.
The cricket version was test match

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Lord Bracknell said:
The exact same set - in good nick - is currently going for £250 on eBay.

cf_1.JPG

Got bought that set (or one like it) around Xmas '66. Note brown ball.

Moved away from cardboard to celluloid men and had a league of 8 teams with 16 involved in the cup in Portslade. No plastic (3D) men allowed.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Ahh memories!

Subbuteo football and cricket sets for me - still nicely boxed in my parents loft - floodlights, scoreboards, FA Cup, cricket spectators in deckchairs (a la Hove!), groundsman with roller to prepare the wicket!

Many hours spent flicking to kick, trawling car boot sales for teams (at dirt cheap prices) and one summer holiday competing in a mini-league with friends. Happy days!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I had it when i was about 8 - don't think I EVER played a game to the proper rules though, which was a shame - e.g fantastic Giggs dribbles down the line...

The amount of of players i had blue-takked (if anyone knows how to spell that, PM me) to their bases from squashing them was ridiculous!

OH, and by far the best thing was the Stand I had at one end of the pitch. Unfortunately though I always managed to knock the spectators all over the floor.

What a shocker of a Subbuteo player I was!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here