Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Subbuteo, did you ever ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Naah, I always thought it was a bit shit to be honest. It was competing with Action Man, Scalextric and my Atari 2600. Once I had Donkey Kong and Pitfall, that was it really.

Tucked away somewhere in the loft (either there or the Teaboy has nicked it) is a boxed set of 1950s vintage Subbuteo, dating from the time when there were only two teams available - the team in red shirts and the team in blue shirts.

Probably worth a fortune, if it was complete and undamaged - which it isn't.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Mr deez,just a story on Subbuteo,made Nr T/Wells, how many people play etc,talking to the son of the founder. Was on BBC South-East. :albion:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Action Man and storm trooper laser guns for me all the way!

Subbuteo was ...well.....just not for me!

:nono: :shootself

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Used to play it many years ago. I was for ever kneeling on the goals and the keeper. Was not allowed to put it on the table. Cost me a small fortune buying goals and new teams. Ah Memories !!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
loved subutteo:bowdown: :bowdown:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to be some CLASSIC Subbuteo threads on here. Could have sworn some of the best made it on to NSC Gold. Can't see them on there tho ???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The box is sitting proudly on the top shelf above the computer. It's the current Deluxe Edition - which is a pitch, two teams, two goals, two balls, a scoreboard, pitch surround fencing, and a stand (a red version of the Phoenix Brewery Lego Stand thing). I bought it in Toys 'R' Us in Stevenage about five years ago.

I had to buy a Brighton & Hove Albion team off eBay. Cost about £26 I think.

When I used to work, myself and a Crystal Palace supporting work colleague (he also got his team off eBay, but for £44, ha ha) played most lunch times to the bemusement of my female colleagues and the close fascination of the male ones.

All a far cry from my first Subbuteo set - which me and my brother had to play on the lounge floor while the cat usually walked across the pitch - that I got for my 8th birthday in 1977; a present I vivdly remember opening while 'Mr Telephone Man' played on Radio 1.

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
You can still buy it and not the shit version with cardboard players

BX.Zeugo1.jpg

BX.Soccer3dwcbox.jpg

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Loved it.Also those plastic soldiers,crossbow and catapults,lego

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
anyone have the referees and linesmen

The linesmen had their flags up all the time.....

" I was never offside lino"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Anyone used to play with the small white balls as opposed to the larger ones...they were ace

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
SJ's Love Monkey said:
:drink: World Cup Edition with everything thrown in, Floodlights, stands, scoreboard the lot!

I bet you bought the Barcelona team and screamed "Johnson!!!!","Bright!!!!" "Dowie!!!!" intermittently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here