Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sturrock sacked

Sturrock may be back at Dundee Utd before long. They've had a shite start to the season - including defeat at home in the Dundee derby - and Ian McCall must be worried. He's only managed 18 wins in his 59 games in charge, and Sturrock has always said he wants to manage the club again.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
how many games was he in charge for?!?

i reckon micky adams will be the new manager, well he will def be approached i reckon.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Yeh I agree that Mickey Adams should take the job, they have a better money situation, in a higher division and Southampton have better players for him to work with (ie, no rape allegation claims)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Cereal Killer said:
Yeh I agree that Mickey Adams should take the job, they have a better money situation, in a higher division and Southampton have better players for him to work with (ie, no rape allegation claims)

However the raw stats with Adams are that he has 3 relegations against his name now and I suspect that Lowe will want somebody who is a big name incharge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Adams will stay put.

Leicester have a good squad and should be promoted, if Beattie goes then Southampton start to look an ordinary side at best.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
fatbadger said:
I can think of one with Brentford and one with Leiciester - which was the other?

Two with Leicester, he was manager by the time they got relegated two years ago, although it was all Peter Taylor's fault apparently.

MA did a great job here but is not up to the Premiership. Everyone makes the excuse that he hasn't had the funds but tactically he is div 1/2. Lots of running and pressuring isn't good enough in the Premiership. Can't see any decent Premiership team coming in for him and Southampton are a decent side.

Icy Gull said:
Two with Leicester, he was manager by the time they got relegated two years ago, although it was all Peter Taylor's fault apparently.

Hm, I suppose so. But he only took over as manager in April - up to then he had been assistant to Bassett, and only took over once their relegation was assured.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Southampton have done better in recent times with 'name' managers like Hoddle, Strachan and Souness than lesser names like Merrington, Dave Jones, Stuart Gray and Sturrock.

I'd therefore be looking at Mark Hughes if I was Lowe.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Ernest said:
Rupert Knight = Dick Lowe - another idiot who has forgotten that chairman should be seen but not heard.
Whats the betting in the unlikely event that Southampton ever win anything that Rupert Knight gatecrashes the lap of honour and makes an idiot of himself like Dick Lowe does :angry: :angry: :angry:

:clap2:

I am confused.

Did Lowe sack him or did the media..............................

If the former why was he going round saying the job was safe on Saturday.......................
If the latter, who on earth is running the club.

Personally I thought Rupert Lowe was a better chairman but obvioulsy he is as short term as the rest of the Premiershite no-hopers.

i

There's clearly more to this than meets the eye despite all the slick spin Rupert Lowe puts on the situation. NOBODY gets sacked after two games, especially when they have one one of them! Watch this space, I suspect this one will turn into a tacky saga.....

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Zeitgeist said:
There's clearly more to this than meets the eye despite all the slick spin Rupert Lowe puts on the situation. NOBODY gets sacked after two games, especially when they have one one of them! Watch this space, I suspect this one will turn into a tacky saga.....

its not getting sacked after 2 games - its from the form end of last season which was very poor, but still should have been given more of a chance, so something else must be wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According tyo Meridian Steve Wigley appointed Chief Coach to run the playing side and a Director of Football is to be appointed to run the business side, Andy Skeggals or whatever his name is reckons it will be Houllier.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Be very surprised of they have Houllier as there is a wages cap at Southampton - think it is £30K a week as Phillips took quite a pay cut when he left Sunderland.

Houllier is big-time spending charlie, mainly of players of precious talent.

Good on Lowe as well for having a wage cap.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
5 out of 13 games might not be fantastic but theres managers in the country with worse records than that surely

they wanna try having 1 point from 4 games:lolol:

who the :censored: do southampton think they are?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here