chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Wonder how Plymouth fans feel? Sturrock was like a Messiah to them

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blame the media or did the chairman dislike him ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I heard it was mutual consent and NOT a sacking, still abit surprised by it and my moneys on Adams leaving Leicester! Hoddle wont go there and the fans dont want him, Houiller could be a good bet too.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I've now applied for the vacancy. My letter is winging its way to Rupert Lowe as we speak and I expect to be given the post sometime in the next couple of weeks...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
I heard it was mutual consent and NOT a sacking
It amounts to the same thing, its just a pathetic face-saving excercise for everyone involved. "Paul, I'm going to sack you, but we'll say its a mutual consent thing, ok ?"

But of course, it was all the MEDIA'S fault wasn't it. :rolleyes:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
It amounts to the same thing, its just a pathetic face-saving excercise for everyone involved. "Paul, I'm going to sack you, but we'll say its a mutual consent thing, ok ?"

But of course, it was all the MEDIA'S fault wasn't it. :rolleyes:

how do you know that though Easy? What is Sturrock went to Lowe and said "everyone hates me and my tactics I quit" and Lowe says "no we'll make you look bigger than that and say its mutual"

jumping to conclusions are we? :p

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Rupert's lack of backing of Sturrock at the weekend spoke volumes with comments such as "it's the board decision" not the media's.

All a bit of a mess isn't it

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
He must have SOMETHING already in the bag for him to take this action!! Sad way of goingt about things in my book!!

:nono:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Rupert Lowe has constantly been inconsistent with comments. Firstly he says Beattie can't go for £6, but he'll take £8m. Then next day he says he is not for sale. He always responds to press speculation and rumor rather than sticking to facts etc.

He was criticised a lot when he first came in but over time people have accepted him because Saints are now in better shape than they were 10 years ago - people will lose their faith in him again though.

i think he enjoys the limelight too much and is trying to become a "character" amongst the chairmen - too much power gone to his head.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Seagull over NZ said:
i think he enjoys the limelight too much and is trying to become a "character" amongst the chairmen - too much power gone to his head.

Sounds like another southcoast chairman, eh Ernest ;)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
how do you know that though Easy? What is Sturrock went to Lowe and said "everyone hates me and my tactics I quit" and Lowe says "no we'll make you look bigger than that and say its mutual"

jumping to conclusions are we? :p
"everyone hates me and my tactics, I'm going to the bottom of the garden to eat worms". Naah, Sturrock strikes me as being made of sterner stuff than that. It seemed a strange appointment at the time, but I think Sturrock would have stuck it out for longer than 5 months, given the chance.

And would he REALLY walk out on a Premiership contract 5 months after signing ? If you're right Crabbers, and he quit rather than being sacked, he'd be entitled to nothing. Can't see it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah see where you're coming from, Lowe does seem like abit of a ****, I too would've thought that Sturrock would've stuck it out for as long as poss....but 13games?! not right is it?!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i find this unbelivable! the 1st few months he was in charge at plymouth i remember my plymouth mates not beibg happy but all of a sudden things went right and the rest is history

lowe made all that fuss about taking him away from plymouth with 10 games left cos they needed him ready for the new season and then they go and give him 2 games

Rumours abound at work. Mate of a mate who knows Lundekvam (typical gossip scenario!), states the players didn't like him and he was always late for training.

Hoddle must be in the frame, and will incense the locals, so for that reason alone I am firmly behind the idea.

Personally I beleive Sturrock's sacking had a racist motive. He was the 1st Carebear to manage in the Premier League, and until people accept his type in to society the job was never going to last!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is an amazing story, especially after Saturday's result and Lowe's comments to the media after the game, and the reasons seem similar to why McGhee was sacked by Millwall, i.e. nobody at the club likes the bloke.

Basically, Lowe has come out of this extremely badly. He clearly didn't do his homework before making the appointment at the end of last season, and would have been better with a caretaker for the last few matches before making an appointment over the summer.

Lowe is a twat, and must get the right appointment now and quickly. I see Mark Hughes name is prominent in the speculation, and also Shearer has been mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here