Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid sayings that are blatantly WRONG...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"A watched kettle never boils"

Well I've just made a round of tea, and as I couldn't be bothered to leave the kitchen while the kettle boiled, I stood there. Watching it. Sure enough, about 3 minutes later, the kettle had indeed boiled despite me not taking my eyes off it for so much as a SECOND. I proceeded to make some piping hot tea for my work colleagues.

Its a good job I'm not an eye mental, or I could easily have suffered severe burns and permanent scarring if I'd tested THAT little theory out. It's irresponsible, meaningless sayings like this that make my blood boil.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Easy 10 said:

Well I've just made a round of tea, and as I couldn't be bothered to leave the kitchen while the kettle boiled, I stood there. Watching it. Sure enough, about 3 minutes later, the kettle had indeed boiled despite me not taking my eyes off it for so much as a SECOND. I proceeded to make some piping hot tea for my work colleagues.

Its a good job I'm not an eye mental, or I could easily have suffered severe burns and permanent scarring if I'd tested THAT little theory out. It's irresponsible, meaningless sayings like this that make my blood boil.

Does Watched Blood Boil???

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
"thats the pot calling the kettle black"

last time I checked my Pot did'nt have a mouth to speak out of...probably cos I done even HAVE a pot so how the friggin' hell does that work A?

"Sleep tight, dont let the bed bugs bite"

sweet mother of all that is pure & good on this Earth...you got COCKroaches living in your sheets or something?! Beetles even?! Last time I looked under my blanky I saw no 2inch razortoothed bugs in there.....CHRIST!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
s.stubbs said:
"Never put all your eggs in one basket"
utter nonsense,I took my eggs out of the box in Tesco and put them in 6 differant baskets,I got some very strange looks and will not be repeating the stunt.
:D
Thats the spirit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marc said:
[B"Sleep tight, dont let the bed bugs bite"

sweet mother of all that is pure & good on this Earth...you got COCKroaches living in your sheets or something?! Beetles even?! Last time I looked under my blanky I saw no 2inch razortoothed bugs in there.....CHRIST! [/B]
mite.jpg

Sorry to report, but everyone has a few of THESE little doozies munching on their flakey bits at night.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
same difference

Easy 10 said:

need to go on..................................

"A watched kettle never boils DRY"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves"

Utter shite. Whats the point of looking after pennies ? I don't want loads of coppers rattling around my pockets anyway. Try leaving a few pound coins scattered around though, and some bastard will soon be "looking after" them for you, you can be DAMN sure of that. A coin, by definition, is incapable of looking after itself. It is an inanimate piece of metal for christs sake, whats it going to do ? Hire protection ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
s.stubbs said:
"The proof is in the pudding"
More bullshit,for years I have been disecting my treacle sponge and soforth,trying to find out who the shooter on the grassy knoll was ,no luck as of yet.

That's because the phrase is 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating...' And in this instance, the word 'proof' means 'test'. FOOL.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:

Was anyone watching your blood as its temperature rose to boiling level? Would it have boiled without being under surveillance?

I mean surely you would feel extremely unwell as the temperature of your blood rose that high wouldn't you. Could the boiling of one's blood be another of these fabled sayings?

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
'Your have someones eye out with that'

I've never seen anyone surgically extract an eye with a cricket bat... no matter how much they swing it around

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
you can't have the cake and eat it...

can't you? I'm sure a fat person would be able to manage it. Or have I got that saying wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here