Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid and irrelevant about anything Albion but...

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I go to St Pauls Catholic College, at my interview they said and I quote:

We will be more relaxed with religion in the Sixth Form than we will in the Secondary School

This did play a key factor because I couldn't give two shits about Jesus walking on a paddling pool or stupid things such as your daughter being stoned if she commits adultery.

However, tomorrow is a Spiritual Development of which I'm livid with as I have to sit on my ass for two hours and hear some twat talk about the wine being the blood of some nut job who claimed to be the Messiah. :angry:

Please tell me NSC that there is some law that prevents me in a religious activity of which I DO NOT believe in?!?!?!?!

Many Thanks

NOTE: I DO NOT MEAN TO HARM ANYONE, I JUST THINK MOST OF THE SHITE I'VE READ ON THERE ARE CRAP

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If you don't believe in religion, is a Catholic college really the best place to continue your education? They might let you sit it out if you ask, alternatively I doubt very much you will be kicked out if you don't turn up.

I do find it odd that you say them being "more relaxed" about religion was a key factor in your joining, as there are several VI forms in the area that are completely non-religious.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I was about to say the same thing. You choose to go to about the only sixth form in the area with any religious slant to it and then moan when they announce they make a bit of a thing about religion? Did the 'Catholic' bit in the title not give you a clue?

Jesus wept, what are you studying? Ironic Studies?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I do find it odd that you say them being "more relaxed" about religion was a key factor in your joining, as there are several VI forms in the area that are completely non-religious.

BHASVIC & Varndean - can't be f***ed to commute to Brighton day-in day-out. Varndean looked shit too. BHASVIC just had a really weird and uncomfortbale atmosphere...
Haywards Heath - That's a shithole

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I was about to say the same thing. You choose to go to about the only sixth form in the area with any religious slant to it and then moan when they announce they make a bit of a thing about religion? Did the 'Catholic' bit in the title not give you a clue?

When they say they're relaxed about religion, I don't expect them to talk to me about Jesus and the way of a Catholic life. They do it for a brief spell in our weekly assemblies.
Granted it's ironic, but I think it's pathetic that they're trying to get us to convert as it were - that's the only reason I can think of. It's about as successful as an Evangelical knocking on the door to "spread the good word"

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
When they say they're relaxed about religion, I don't expect them to talk to me about Jesus and the way of a Catholic life. They do it for a brief spell in our weekly assemblies.
Granted it's ironic, but I think it's pathetic that they're trying to get us to convert as it were - that's the only reason I can think of. It's about as successful as an Evangelical knocking on the door to "spread the good word"

It's a Catholic school, it will be written in the school constitution or whatever it is called that basically the Catholic church is the one true way, and students shall be educated as such. If it weren't for the law, they would probably exclude anyone who wasn't a Catholic from going there, but they can't. I went to a Church of England primary and it was the same deal - no evolution taught, prayers in assembly, lots of hymns, we were all created in a week, etc etc. That's what you sign up for if you attend a religious school I'm afraid, and as myself and others have pointed out, you did and do have other options.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010

Haha! Page 1 of their prospectus

Our educational vision
“To provide an innovative, inspirational and Christian education which challenges, nurtures and informs our students to enable them to take their place in a changing world.”

No matey. It's you being pathetic. The choice is simple. Go to the religious one on your doorstep where they make no bones about being a religious college or stick to your principles and find another non-religious one. Incidentally, Varndean's results are extremely comparable with St Pauls despite Varndean being a much bigger VI form.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Haha! Page 1 of their prospectus

Our educational vision
“To provide an innovative, inspirational and Christian education which challenges, nurtures and informs our students to enable them to take their place in a changing world.”

No matey. It's you being pathetic. The choice is simple. Go to the religious one on your doorstep where they make no bones about being a religious college or stick to your principles and find another non-religious one. Incidentally, Varndean's results are extremely comparable with St Pauls despite Varndean being a much bigger VI form.

Think the phrase here Philzo is OWNED by JDDS.

Cant understand why people are saying this when you KNOW its a religious college.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Just laugh at them and say 'you don't seriously believe that do you?'

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia

He's going to fail if he is! But most responses are right - it's to be expected from 'St Paul's Catholic College' - I think the clue's in the name. I'd treat it as an exercise in anthropology, rather than one in theology, and try to retain some interest in it that way. Just because you don't subscribe to these beliefs doesn't mean you should be ignorant of them, especially how they make people think and act.

BHASVIC & Varndean - can't be f***ed to commute to Brighton day-in day-out. Varndean looked shit too. BHASVIC just had a really weird and uncomfortbale atmosphere...
Haywards Heath - That's a shithole
You strike me as someone who makes snap judgements, based on prejudice and first impressions. Maybe a more contemplative approach to life's important issues would help you with difficult decisions? Have you ever considered exploring spirituality? There are places that run taster sessions that might help. Find one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He's going to fail if he is! But most responses are right - it's to be expected from 'St Paul's Catholic College' - I think the clue's in the name. I'd treat it as an exercise in anthropology, rather than one in theology, and try to retain some interest in it that way. Just because you don't subscribe to these beliefs doesn't mean you should be ignorant of them, especially how they make people think and act.

Good point, put better than I would have done, go along with it, you might learn something about life, humanity, the world.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
look at the name of the school you stupid person.

If you don't want to do religious studies or whatever they call it, don't go then and get a job

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like others have said Philzo you're coming over as a Grade A moron. If you'd signed up to a Catholic college and they wanted to try and convert you to Islam THEN you'd have reason to complain. Just keep your mouth shut for two hours and look on it as the price you have to pay for going to the college of YOUR choice. Who knows? You might even learn something.

EDIT: This point more eloquently made by Herne Hill Seagull.

Last edited:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
If your in 6th form, just don't attend anything you don't want to go to. Attendance is no longer compulsory past Secondary education.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here