Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid and irrelevant about anything Albion but...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Tell them you don't believe in brain washing the young and as such you won't be able to make the proceedings.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I go to St Pauls Catholic College, at my interview they said and I quote:

This did play a key factor because I couldn't give two shits about Jesus walking on a paddling pool or stupid things such as your daughter being stoned if she commits adultery.

However, tomorrow is a Spiritual Development of which I'm livid with as I have to sit on my ass for two hours and hear some twat talk about the wine being the blood of some nut job who claimed to be the Messiah. :angry:

Please tell me NSC that there is some law that prevents me in a religious activity of which I DO NOT believe in?!?!?!?!

Many Thanks

NOTE: I DO NOT MEAN TO HARM ANYONE, I JUST THINK MOST OF THE SHITE I'VE READ ON THERE ARE CRAP

They let you take live animals to classes do they? Quite surprising.

:jester:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just one of those things one has to do. I went to two very religious schools and I would say I am not even the least bit religious. Whether that be going to Chapel twice a week or reading passages from the bible every day. However, it is enlightening and there are many positives you can draw from Christianity.

Besides which, it is best to make an informed decision on something like religion and I see no harm in 'hearing their case'.

It's not the end of the world. I have had to sit through many lectures that I had little or no interest. Take a pad of paper and write about something that is important to you.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

This did play a key factor because I couldn't give two shits about Jesus walking on a paddling pool or stupid things such as your daughter being stoned if she commits adultery.

However, tomorrow is a Spiritual Development of which I'm livid with as I have to sit on my ass for two hours and hear some twat talk about the wine being the blood of some nut job who claimed to be the Messiah. :angry:

Please tell me NSC that there is some law that prevents me in a religious activity of which I DO NOT believe in?!?!?!?!

Many Thanks

NOTE: I DO NOT MEAN TO HARM ANYONE, I JUST THINK MOST OF THE SHITE I'VE READ ON THERE ARE CRAP

When compared to other religious schools run by the likes Islam, Judaism, Mormonism, Jehovahs etc Catholic Schools are at the lower end of religious content. They are some what religion-lite.

I'd think that if this 2 hours of spiritual development is the first time you've done it(given your reaction) then they are very much indeed relaxed about their religious content.

Though i suspect you must be a bit thick, because you don'rt seem to comprehend that you can be an atheist and still explore spirituality.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I generally have little time for people who claim that A Levels have got easier and anyone can pass... blah, blah. But someone who didn't think that an establishment called St Paul's Catholic College would have some religious element is clearly not the brightest button.

I agree with the other posters too. Even if you don't agree with Christianity, there's little harm in listening to the views of the others. A rounded education includes listening to people you may have nothing in common with talking about subjects that you have little interest in - you can sharpen debate skills by arguing against them.

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
I went to a 6th form college which was a Catholic one because it was close and was a good little college. The alternative was not going to be any good for me. I didn't particularly enjoy being forced to sit in with the religious nonsense, but sit through it I did. I learned a bit about the religion and what they stand for, which is nice to know about even if you disagree with it. I now look back at it as a positive thing - I can state that catholicism is completely demented and wrong through my own experiences of college.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
BHASVIC & Varndean - can't be f***ed to commute to Brighton day-in day-out. Varndean looked shit too. BHASVIC just had a really weird and uncomfortbale atmosphere...
Haywards Heath - That's a shithole

You really do come across as a nasty little piece of work. It's called 'playing the game', mate - which is all a part of growing up. Something you clearly need to do.

As said before, the clue is in the title of the college you're attending. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks

I lived 15 minute walk from St Paul's Catholic College but didn't go because it was religious. I instead went to the 'shithole' that is Haywards Heath (Central Sussex) and came away with 4 A levels.

Plus there's a lot more around the Haywards Heath campus than the St Paul's one.

Then again, I suppose I was used to 'shitholes' having gone to Oakmeeds School in Burgess Hill :facepalm:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What's worrying is that this kid is able to attend 6th form at all? How on earth did he qualify. Doesn't it just reinforce the theory that most of us oldies have that exams have been seriously dumbed down?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Its obvious this kid has made the wrong move, he should have gone back to the kindergarten and started again.
Its to be hoped that St Pauls school reject him and give another pupil the chance.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
BHASVIC & Varndean - can't be f***ed to commute to Brighton day-in day-out. Varndean looked shit too. BHASVIC just had a really weird and uncomfortbale atmosphere...

Actually, I think that post might be the best advertisement for organised religion I've seen for some time.

Many Thanks

i went to st pauls and served as an altar boy! did me no harm:smokin::moo:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
to those being calling the op a moron, cock and various other epithets... come on, he is about 17. it's in his job description.
Yeah, fair comment and I do feel a bit bad about my 'Grade A Moron' description which on reflection was a bit OTT. Perhaps hitony you could replace it with 'very silly boy'? Thanks.

Still maintain his command of English is a damning indictment of our education system though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here