Jul 26, 2003
Heroin addicts, Street drinkers & homeless layabouts not from Brighton

Chavs & their slags

Property prices

Parking charges

Churchill Square

Taxi Drivers

Fat Scoomers

Flats being called Apartments, Duplexes or any other poncy title to bump up it's price tag.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Another vote for the bus fares. I agree that you can get good value for money if you spend the day travelling the city from one side to the other over and over, but there are no concessions for if you just want to pop down to Asda for your shopping. It might not be far at all but just far enough that with all your bags of shopping to carry back, it's not practical to walk. And yet it's still gonna cost you best part of £3 there and back.

And what winds me up most is that advert on the back of some of the buses that compares taking the bus with taking your car into town by boasting that it's cheaper to take the bus than to park. This is true, if you are driving alone. However, take a friend and split the parking fare, you've spent less than if you both bought return bus tickets.

I also dislike West Street as most Brightonians of sound mind would agree with. But I do accept it is a necessary evil and if we have to have grotty, ****-laden chain shithouses then I'd rather they were all in the same place so the rest of us know simply to keep away and the dickheads intent on brawling in the street and chucking up from too many alcopops don't have to get in my way.

The price of beer, that's another thing I'm not too keen on. It's hard to find a decent pint for under £3 anywhere now and that to me seems excessive.

Wages. A lack of big businesses and a huge number of jobseekers means I get paid jack shit. I don't like the way that the amount I earn now is barely more than the wage I earned when I was just 16 and yet in that time the price of beer has almost doubled and house prices continue to soar out of reach.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I hate all the students that come to Brighton in the summer, they sit on the back of the bus and shout and jump around and cause trouble all the time.

i also hate the way they just stop in the street when your trying to get somewhare. one or two of them would be fine but when theres 20/30 of them in one big group then thats f***ing annoying!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
the PIKEYS

It takes no more than 3/4rs of an hour to walk from the station to WITHDEAN

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
i've walked from Churchill Square to varndean college in 30mins so station to Withdean cant be much more

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
shaolinpunk said:
the huge numbers of foreign students that are everywhere you turn - i dont have a problem with foreign students coming to brighton, it's just theres so damn many of them

I shall be one of those on numerous occasions this season! :albion:

D

Deleted User X18H

XooX said:
Heroin addicts, Street drinkers & homeless layabouts not from Brighton

Chavs & their slags

Property prices

Parking charges

Churchill Square

Taxi Drivers

Fat Scoomers

Flats being called Apartments, Duplexes or any other poncy title to bump up it's price tag.
Well said that Hoveonian:kiss:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
1) People who live or were born in Brighton who wear Chelsea tops

2) People who live or were born in Brighton who wear Man U tops

3) People who live or were born in Brighton who wear Aresnal tops

4) People who live or were born in Brighton who wear Spurs tops

5) People who live or were born in Brighton who wear Liverpool tops

...and anyone with a Pompey shirt!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Bluejuice said:
I also dislike West Street as most Brightonians of sound mind would agree with. But I do accept it is a necessary evil and if we have to have grotty, ****-laden chain shithouses then I'd rather they were all in the same place so the rest of us know simply to keep away and the dickheads intent on brawling in the street and chucking up from too many alcopops don't have to get in my way.

That’s the one for me. Everything in it from the junction with North Street down to the seafront is revolting. What is astonishing, however, is that there are people who visit Brighton for a night out as it's "the place to be" and just go to West Street which is no different from the main scummy street in any city or town and are convinced it was the best night out ever.
As you say though it is good that we can confine all these scummers to the one small area and keep all the decent establishments the way they should be.
The one exception would be Model Aerodrome (as it used to be called) the place where I purchased many a bag of bb gun pellets to shoot my mates little brother, and model cars in my youth.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Withdean

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm no fan of big dogs and busy nights and buses that scream from countless exhausts and women with twizzled hairs all bents and circled who smile together and snarl at unsigned enemies and wistful lonely men who lurk in bushes past midnight imagining their lives 18% different from how they are and eels in pans rather than canals and amateur shoplifters and professional smellers and those that wish to be something other than others and the same as other otherers by mistake and cars and bakeries with a litre of fat in each of their loaves and my mum.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bakesy said:

Oi! Lovely area! :D

Litter and the moaners.

Why do we have to have those ugly wheelie bins?
Why can't we have more wheelie bins?

Why are house prices so high, pushing the original residents out fot he city?
Why on earth should we have to put up with those monstrous flats?

Flashing arcades.

Hove town hall.

Lack of sporting facilities.

Day trippers.

Nicolas Van Hoogstraten.

Chain pubs.

D

Deleted User X18H

The prices are so high because our gayboy loving council got us made a city so every Tom Dick and Everard could turn up and mince around and shell out their pink pound cos its so near London soon the origianal Brighton accent ie pronoucing Brighton
BRIGHTUN not hello we are in Brigh - TON will be a thing of the past. But I am alright Jack but I do hope the property crash happens soon

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Multicutural shirtlifters and litterbugs,cafes selling rehashed coffee at £17 a cup,the shame of the West Pier,the proximity to Lewes,the takeover of Hove,the King Alfred,that the beaches are fished out,that I'm now a grumpy old man who remembers Wycombe Terrace as army quarters.The demolition of The Maytree for a skanky housing scheme.

Its distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here