Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stuff you DON'T like about brighton & hove

Oct 25, 2003
B.M.F said:
It takes about 35 minutes to walk from Brighton Station to Withdean so you must walk ver very slowly???

these walks are drunken walks

with tesco express on dyke road pit stop

oh, and you could never do brighton station-withdean in 35 mins...45 mins maybe

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
tommy boy said:
bet they're cheaper though, MUCH cheaper

it costs £10-£12 to get to the withdean area from town

It's free on the bus on matchdays.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy said:

never get a taxi during the day

or at night

the walk is lovely - through preston park, plenty of things to fall over

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
tommy boy said:
these walks are drunken walks

with tesco express on dyke road pit stop

oh, and you could never do brighton station-withdean in 35 mins...45 mins maybe

Yes you can as I have done it on numerous occasions. It takes me the same time to get to Olive road from Brighton station as it does to get to Withdean or do I just walk quickly?

Oct 25, 2003
B.M.F said:
Yes you can as I have done it on numerous occasions. It takes me the same time to get to Olive road from Brighton station as it does to get to Withdean or do I just walk quickly?

what the hell route do you take?

i think you have TURBO legs

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
B.M.F said:

You're not talking about Olive Road in Hove are you? Off Boundary Road?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
done curchill square to fishersgate station in under an hour before

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Buses are too expensive when you live close to town IMHO - they should drop the flat rate, and would be good if they could be subisidised from the moneymade in parking fines.

But most of all, the one thing that really bugs me is LITTER. B and Hove is just disgustingly filthy.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
555kaz said:
Thats not bad by bus :lolol:

its probably quicker to walk - and being at the peak of physical fitness, it suits me fine

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
555kaz said:
You're not talking about Olive Road in Hove are you? Off Boundary Road?

Olive Road off of Portland Road and not BoundaryRoad then yes I am talking about that and in answer to Tommy Boys question I would walk straight along London Road. I do tend to walk quickly especially when I am in a mood and yes sometimes it can take me an extra 10 minutes.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
the huge numbers of foreign students that are everywhere you turn - i dont have a problem with foreign students coming to brighton, it's just theres so damn many of them

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dog track:)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
trueblue said:
Buses are too expensive when you live close to town IMHO - they should drop the flat rate, and would be good if they could be subisidised from the moneymade in parking fines.

But most of all, the one thing that really bugs me is LITTER. B and Hove is just disgustingly filthy.

i must be honest, the last time my wife and i were in brighton, latter part of last year, we did comment on all the litter and rubbish, it did seem alot :nono:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
shaolinpunk said:
the huge numbers of foreign students that are everywhere you turn - i dont have a problem with foreign students coming to brighton, it's just theres so damn many of them

theres always been loads of foreign students in brighton, when i was there back in the 70s i used to luv it when they were in town.......... A CERT SHAGG !!! :p :lolol: :love:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
B.M.F said:
Olive Road off of Portland Road and not BoundaryRoad then yes I am talking about that and in answer to Tommy Boys question I would walk straight along London Road. I do tend to walk quickly especially when I am in a mood and yes sometimes it can take me an extra 10 minutes.

Remind me not to stand in your way when you're in a mood then, I'll be trampled by bionic legs :D

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Traffic, Whitehawk, Withdean, Trains out of there stopping before pubs shut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here