Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuff I Learnt At The Presentation Today That I Never Knew Before

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Possibly not been paying enough attention but this morning I learnt that...

- The pitch has undersoil heating. They can switch it off/on for individual bits of the pitch

- There will be as few as 900 tickets available on a match-by-match basis (i.e. non-ST)

- Anybody who is how-you-say 'slower to sit down than everybody else following a period of excitement' is being directed to the rear four rows of the North Stand. While not exactly a surprise in itself, the tolerance limit seems to be being set high enough to avoid large amounts of, er, 'conflict'. In the first year at least.

Stadium looking pretty bloody gorgeous BTW :love:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
- The pitch has undersoil heating. They can switch it off/on for individual bits of the pitch

I thought the sections would come on automatically if needed.

Apart from that, yes you do need to pay more attention :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
Possibly not been paying enough attention but this morning I learnt that...

- There will be as few as 900 tickets available on a match-by-match basis (i.e. non-ST)

- Anybody who is how-you-say 'slower to sit down than everybody else following a period of excitement' is being directed to the rear four rows of the North Stand. While not exactly a surprise in itself, the tolerance limit seems to be being set high enough to avoid large amounts of, er, 'conflict'. In the first year at least.

Stadium looking pretty bloody gorgeous BTW :love:
are you talking about people getting an erection ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

:

I know we've done all this before, but if it ends up 900 available on a match-by-match that will be a mistake, and strangle at birth some of the enthusiasm from converts building in the city. Not just converts, either, long-term fans who can't justify a ST.

We'll see, though. The key phrase is 'as few as', clearly if they don't hit some (apparently) very high season-ticket sale targets, it will be more.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
- There will be as few as 900 tickets available on a match-by-match basis (i.e. non-ST) QUOTE]

Unfortunatly I was all to aware of this- it's going to be alot harder for the likes of me to get a ticket than it is now

This is about the only thing I'm unhappy about. At the moment I try to get to a game every time I'm in the UK, gonna be a lot harder now, if I can make games at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
- There will be as few as 900 tickets available on a match-by-match basis (i.e. non-ST) QUOTE]

Unfortunatly I was all to aware of this- it's going to be alot harder for the likes of me to get a ticket than it is now

I know we've done all this before, but if it ends up 900 available on a match-by-match that will be a mistake, and strangle at birth some of the enthusiasm from converts building in the city. Not just converts, either, long-term fans who can't justify a ST.

We'll see, though. The key phrase is 'as few as', clearly if they don't hit some (apparently) very high season-ticket sale targets, it will be more.

This is about the only thing I'm unhappy about. At the moment I try to get to a game every time I'm in the UK, gonna be a lot harder now, if I can make games at all.

Calm down.

You have to put this statement in CONTEXT. He was told this during a SALES PITCH designed to convinced people they need to commit to a season ticket.

It seems its working very well. The club are happily perpetuating the idea that there are very limited match tickets available.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Calm down.

You have to put this statement in CONTEXT. He was told this during a SALES PITCH designed to convinced people they need to commit to a season ticket.

It seems its working very well. The club are happily perpetuating the idea that there are very limited match tickets available.

Exactly! Thats the salesmans job to create a NEED so you think SHIT! I MUST get a ST. Also the club will want your money up front or gteed 12months of ddm payments.

Anyhoo IF we end up bottom of the Championship at the end of next season Im sure there will be more JCL spaces provided by some plus 3s as they go back to their sofas watching Man Utd . Thus there will be more tix.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I have raised this on here and pretty much been told to shut-up moaning - even though I wasn't. However (Pastys' kind offer aside), people seem to be convinced there will be a ticket exchange to facilitate us non STs getting to some games.

P.S. As I went to the Goldstone from about '76, had season tickets at Gillingham and the first 7 years at withers, I don't think it makes me a JCL, but others may have their own definition.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Calm down.

Although if they're bandying those sort of figures around, it bodes quite well for them organising a proper ticket exchange facility. 900 on general sale guranteed, plus easily obtainable season ticket returns, plus half the away stand allocation (for games with smaller away followings) could see well over 4,000 available for some games. To put that into context, I read once that Sheffield Wednesday get 5,000 in walk-up trade on an average day (people paying on the gate).

Jan 30, 2008
Although if they're bandying those sort of figures around, it bodes quite well for them organising a proper ticket exchange facility. 900 on general sale guranteed, plus easily obtainable season ticket returns, plus half the away stand allocation (for games with smaller away followings) could see well over 4,000 available for some games. To put that into context, I read once that Sheffield Wednesday get 5,000 in walk-up trade on an average day (people paying on the gate).
yeah , but they have a 40K STADIUM THAT THEY CAN'T EVEN HALF FILL :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here