Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Another offside goal, please!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We've equalised! Show some passion, Pearce!! ;-)

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Quite enjoyed watching England tonight, can't remember the last time I said that, far better watching the new players brought in than the normal crap served up by Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand, Cole etc only thing worries me if arry gets the job is he will resort to the normal team that has failed us so many times before, I'd be happy for Pearce to take us to euros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Quite enjoyed watching England tonight, can't remember the last time I said that, far better watching the new players brought in than the normal crap served up by Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand, Cole etc only thing worries me if arry gets the job is he will resort to the normal team that has failed us so many times before, I'd be happy for Pearce to take us to euros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You jest I hope.

It was played at a training ground kickabout pace but Netherlands could have scored any time they felt like breaking a sweat. We didn't have too much of a clue tactically and defended ineptly, and whilst I agree it's nice to see new blood they have to be given leadership and direction

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Psycho as manager and JT as captain - England will win the Euros by passion alone :thumbsup:

Pearce as manager is not the embodiment of his Psycho persona. He seems introverted.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
He's got passion!!!

Has he? I just saw another miserable face on the bench chewing gum and starting blankly ahead even when England scored. I find him a sour-faced misery who hates dealing with the press, is stuck in the dark ages of 'safety-first' football and who has no chance of getting the job. The man has said himself that he does not feel that answering questions from the press is something he needs to do. Which for a man who has ambitions to manage the national side confirms that he is a complete moron.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rather Pearce than 'arry

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Psycho as manager and JT as captain - England will win the Euros by passion alone :thumbsup:

Sadly I fear that the passion, workrate and bulldog spirit will fail, as it has for nearly 50 years, to unlock technically superior defences, deal with technically superior attacking players and overcome technically superior management and coaching styles.

Terry or Pearce or Parker or anyone of that ilk captures precisley why England are in that second tier of European footballing nations. Lion hearts and English passion will win the day.

Er.......no they won't. They never have, they won't this summer and they never will. Until the coaching approach is radically overhauled and the way that 9-15 year olds are managed then the problem will never be overcome.

All the time failed footballers, wannabe professionals and enthusiastic but limited individuals are allowed to run the game at grass roots level England will continue to churn out average, adequate players of a very moderate technical ability who will qualify for tournaments, deliver the occasional inspsired performance but fall well short of continously challenging major footballing nations for european or global glory.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Pearce is a coach. All good international teams have coaches, not managers. Give him the job for the Euros. Last night we had a team of youngsters, who will have learnt a lot. The match was not about winning, it was about learning which players will shine at international level. The fact the kids got it back to 2-2 shows there is something there. The fact that the second and third Holland goals came within a minute of another goal shows that there is a concentration issue.

Give Psycho the job until September. I taught him everything he knows.*

*not true

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I think Pearce is a good contender, English, passionate, knows the players well. Even though we lost last night, i thought we did great and it was actually fun to watch England, which is a change. Fielding such a young team against a starting 11 world cup team, i thought we did great. England looked a lot more positive, and were pushing forward with the ball and looked dangerous.

Good times ahead...i hope!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can anybody rave about last nights performance. We were tactically inept and needed some of the old heads in the team to guide them through. I am not a great admirer of JT but had he or Ferdinand been in the defence they wouldn't have scored their 3rd goal. How can we start a game without arguably the best left back in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here