Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stuart pearce

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't rate him myself as a manager, but can always cling to the hope he'll maybe make it one day.

At least the 'band' are playing the Brighton-Burnley anthem :cool::drink:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The honeymoon is over!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Under whelming u21 coach.

Parker, Cahill & Co being outclassed AT HOME.

Some countries (Germany) are at pains to not lose at home, even in friendlies. Wembley loss. No pride.

Bye bye Pearce, back to the u21's.

As in Germany who are currently 2-0 down at home to France.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
So we change the manager and we are supposed to automatically be better than the runners up of the last world cup? Some people are deluded.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I don't think you can blame any manager for being shit for England, no matter who they are, they will lose a game when they're in charge.

People have to learn to accept we are not the best in the world, we may have the best leagues in the world, but not the best players.

we do have some world class players, they know how to play the game, they all do, the managers job is to select the best in form players at the time, imo Capello got it right a lot of the time, if the players don't fulfill their role and have an "off" day, why is that the managers fault, it's the players who should bear the brunt of failure, not the manager as far ad I'm concerned.

On a side note, we have been using the same core of players for the last 10 years, why can't we use the cricket method of selection and use a panel of people to select national teams/squads for football? It works for us in cricket, and we are class at that, players picked/dropped on recent form, not just who they play for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here