Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

strikers!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bring in Eidur Gudjohnsen and Michael Owen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Holroyd and Sandaza will presumably go.

We will keep Murray and Barnes and Hoskins will come in.
I think we need a big target man, someone who can bury a header. How many crosses do we get in and with Bennett, Noone and LuaLua that isn't going to change! My suggestion if we could get him on loan would be Marco Mitrovic from Chelsea reserves and I would also keep Chris Wood.

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
Keep: Murray, Barnes, Adgestein
Bring In:Will Hoskins, and someone like kevin phillips who will provide vital experience

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
def keep murray, barnes, adgestein

now we are champs play Sandaza see if he is any good as he hasnt had a real chance

let baz and holroyd go

bring in kevin phillips for experience more than anything also a player from abroad that out scouting team find who will be a gem !

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
Keep Murray, Barnes, Toby
Bin Baz, Fran, Holroyd and Wood

Bring in CMS, Barnard

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
What's this obsession with Kevin Phillips? Those with memories longer than a goldfish will remember the last player we bought in of that standard was Paul Kitson. Instead I think that if Bloom is angling for a top 6 finish then we should be looking at someone like Ebanks-blake or Kevin Doyle!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
What's this obsession with Kevin Phillips? Those with memories longer than a goldfish will remember the last player we bought in of that standard was Paul Kitson. Instead I think that if Bloom is angling for a top 6 finish then we should be looking at someone like Ebanks-blake or Kevin Doyle!

Doyle - you are having a laugh! Would cost about £10m! Kitson had a dire injury record prior to coming to us, it was a gamble that failed. Phillips has been free of injury all season. If you want to ask why oh why on the injury front then surely you should ask the Owen proposers rather than the Phillips ones?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Because he's on a free, he would score goals for us in the Championship, and is prepared to drop down a Division?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I have just been told that Doyle has a release clause of £6.5m if Wolves go down. Even so, I doubt we will stretch to that somehow...(when I say doubt I mean not in a gazillion years..)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Phillips missed several months of this season injured (ripped a thigh muscle in August)

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
murray, sandaza and holroyd to go, hoskins and barnard to come in.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Holroyd and Sandaza will presumably go.

We will keep Murray and Barnes and Hoskins will come in.
I think we need a big target man, someone who can bury a header. How many crosses do we get in and with Bennett, Noone and LuaLua that isn't going to change! My suggestion if we could get him on loan would be Marco Mitrovic from Chelsea reserves and I would also keep Chris Wood.

Good call - we need someone like Mitrovic

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Keep Murray Barnes and Agdestein
Sign Hoskins plus Wood or similar big bench target man since Barnes on bench is a different option.

Not as glamorous but realistic. Rather pay a fee and smaller wages for a player like Hoskins than a free, big waged past it prem veterin but maybe the later is easier to pull off.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Instead I think that if Bloom is angling for a top 6 finish then we should be looking at someone like Ebanks-blake or Kevin Doyle!

I have just been told that Doyle has a release clause of £6.5m if Wolves go down. Even so, I doubt we will stretch to that somehow...(when I say doubt I mean not in a gazillion years..)

We have no chance of signing Doyle or Ebanks-Blake. If it is Wolves strikers we are after, they are (apparently, according to local gossip) itching to get rid of Keogh. He wasn't up to much kop in the Premier League, but he did grab some important goals in their Championship winning season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here