Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Or No Striker ?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Do you reckon Poyet will bring somebody in today onloan until the end of the season or do you think he'll just stick with Murray and Sandaza ?

I hope he does but I just can't see it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's only "sticking with Murray and Sandaza" for about one or two games, remember. Wood will be back and we don't know how long Ashley is out for.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
will be surprised if he does but there must be some half decent premier league or championship strikers sitting on benches at the moment.
lets face it it wouldnt hurt to bring in someone.

on a personal note i hope Sandaza starts saturday and does the business.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'll be very surprised if Gus does'nt bring in a back up striker, I cant see him wanting to risk a striker shortage at this stage of the season with promotion getting close.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ashley Barnes is injured for how long we arent exactly sure, it only needs Wood and or Murray to get a knock and we are down to barethreads so I would suggest that he is seriously looking for a loan but whether or not he manages to get the right man he wants is another thing . I hope he does bring in a short term experienced loan striker. We need to look at Premier clubs who have brought in strikers recently to see who they have replaced and if that replaced person would be available. What have West Ham got in reserve?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He'll bring one in if he can get hold of someone apreciably better than what we have. If he can't find that, he will stick. Can't see him bringing anyone unless he is really convinced they will make a difference. Certainly won't bring in a bench-warmer.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Gianfranco Zola and Glenn Murray up front. :love:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What he would like and what is possible are not going to be the same. To do what I am sure Gus would like (i.e. set a few more records) I would think we need a loanee. For promotion and most likely the championship - then not.

I can't imagine who is available that is any good and is in our price range.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Poyet will want somebody incredible, somebody nobody else in this league can compete with and if he can't get that someone then he won't get anybody.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Mikkel Forsell on loan from Hannover with a view to a permanent summer move. Well I can dream !!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Nah, with Barnes soon to return and Wood only out for one game there really isn't the need for any additions

Albion boss Gus Poyet has not ruled out a late swoop in the loan market for a striker.

The Seagulls have until 5pm to add to their squad.

Poyet confirmed no players will be leaving but hinted at a possible new arrival.

"I am not saying it will happen but it could," he said. "A few things need to come together."

The Argus understands the Seagulls are trying to set up a loan-to-buy deal.

Looks like Poyet wants this striker for next season aswell as the remainder of this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here