Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] **Strictly Come Dancing 2021 Official Thread**

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have now joined the conspiracy theorists regarding Dan still being on the show. BBC looking after one of their own. Awful TV presenter and even worse dancer.

It’s a matter of opinion. He is popular, has never danced a step in his life, acknowledges he is a Dad dancer, improving all the time, willing to learn, and, unlike some of the contestants, hasn’t had dance training as part of their stagecraft career.
He’s not going to win it, but it’s like the underdog in the FA cup, you want them to beat the big bigger stars.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As he says, it's a popularity contest, not the dancing world championships. People buy into the journey, not just the quality of the dancing (see Bill Bailey and many others).

If you want a conspiracy theory associated with SCD, how did Tilly get 40 points this weekend and how on earth is she still on the show?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As he says, it's a popularity contest, not the dancing world championships. People buy into the journey, not just the quality of the dancing (see Bill Bailey and many others).

If you want a conspiracy theory associated with SCD, how did Tilly get 40 points this weekend and how on earth is she still on the show?

Could it be for the same reason that she is a TV presenter where she does some cooking?
Also an 'influencer'
Either she is highly skilled or she has a pushy father that has some sort of influence in the media world or the judges get hungry but don't like paying for fine dining.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bill Bailey is a good dancer and got consistently good scores for all the different genres of dance.

Tilly is up and down. One week she does quite well, and then struggles with the next type.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Amy wants a shoulder to cry on then mine's available whenever she wants

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If Amy wants a shoulder to cry on then mine's available whenever she wants

Same here. However, I think she runs a close second to Nadia. I’d be pretty motivated to stay in the competition if I was Dan and had the chance of getting close up and personal with Nadia each week.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It’s a matter of opinion. He is popular, has never danced a step in his life, acknowledges he is a Dad dancer, improving all the time, willing to learn, and, unlike some of the contestants, hasn’t had dance training as part of their stagecraft career.
He’s not going to win it, but it’s like the underdog in the FA cup, you want them to beat the big bigger stars.

Exactly. Watching another soap star look brilliant just makes me roll my eyes. What do you expect? They've been at the Brit dance school for about 7 years!
Dan is as you describe, but he's definitely got better.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Exactly. Watching another soap star look brilliant just makes me roll my eyes. What do you expect? They've been at the Brit dance school for about 7 years!
Dan is as you describe, but he's definitely got better.

If Dan gets kicked out before Finals week I'm going to superglue my hands to the Falmer bypass on Albion matchday.
That'll learn them.

Justice for Dan!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If Dan gets kicked out before Finals week I'm going to superglue my hands to the Falmer bypass on Albion matchday.
That'll learn them.

Justice for Dan!

I've just realised a slight flaw in my plan that I might miss the match. So I'm calling the
protest off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
From someone who has done ballroom and Latin, I can say that there is no way in gods green earth is the TV Chef and Johannes’s partner John has never danced before.

I have never seen a non trained dancer spin and “ spot” the way he does!

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I think AJ’s claim to have never danced before, a bit suspect. Maybe some men have never danced before, but show me a teenage girl that hasn’t danced around her bedroom or with other girls.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So our strictly stars are down to 3.

:ohmy:

Would love all 3 to win for differing reasons and whoever wins I think would be a worthy winner, next week is going to be one helluva final.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Time to end this show, it’s run it course just like the X factor and all the other shite that entertains the plebs.

How very, very dare you. That and footie are the only two things that get me through the horrible nights of Nov and Dec. :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Time to end this show, it’s run it course just like the X factor and all the other shite that entertains the plebs.

Have you actually watched it?? The show is an absolute joy, and this year more than ever with the boundaries it has broken, with the first all male gay couple and the first deaf contestant, thoroughly deserves it's status as the jewel in the BBC's crown of primetime T.V. Our strictly stars have been better than ever this year.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Mrs DCH and I enjoy Strictly for different reasons. She enjoys watching the dancing etc while I really like listening to the band and how they switch musical styles - especially last year when Bill Bailey had them singing things like Metallica!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

This, it’s cheap to make, dried up tv stars and politicians, retired sports people, and various other no marks, making brain dead tv for the easily pleased.

Yawn….

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Have you actually watched it?? The show is an absolute joy, and this year more than ever with the boundaries it has broken, with the first all male gay couple and the first deaf contestant, thoroughly deserves it's status as the jewel in the BBC's crown of primetime T.V. Our strictly stars have been better than ever this year.

There is always one superior being who despite not liking the show takes the trouble to call anyone who does enjoy it a pleb.

Sad really. Makes scrooge seem a pleasant fella.

edit.
There's another one now!
I wonder what they watch instead? Or do they watch and say how boring it is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here