Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange sandwiches

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
ALSO that juice you get at the bottom of everything when you have made a roast dinner goes well as a sauce with anything. yum yum

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Thats not very strange... used to eat that a lot and yes its yummy!

As you will see from the time I posted that it was just around 10 to 1 in the morning, after typing it out my mouth was watering..........I just had to go to the kitchen.....10 minutes later I was eating one :lol:

Have to be honest I had never heard or even thought about it, a mate of mine told me about it a few years ago, i've been hooked ever since, you do have to have it as either cheese & mango on toast or as a toasted sandwich, its does not seem to work as a conventional sandwich for me.

D

Deleted member 18477

The first sounds a little 'bready' but the second sounds class

It is a little bready you're right, however dipped in a little bit of ketchup and you forget about that ;)! Also I ran out of cocktail sausages so that's how the idea came about. Effectively carbs in carbs lol.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I used to have my lunch nicked at school each day, so I created the Marmite and Caramac (younger readers will have no idea what these are) buttie, and it solved the problem very quickly.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Peanut Butter- Cheese- Marmite

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
In my old cricket team we had a decidedly eccentric scorer who would eat anything you gave him. So one of our players used to make him fag-ash sarnies to eat at tea, for a laff. And he ate them..

Died in 1997 though. Dunno what the diagniosis was.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
My favourite sarnie fillings are:

Egg mayo, smoked salmon and spring onion

And

Stilton, crispy bacon, apple & mango chutney.

Salivating just thinking of them.

Amexican

May 21, 2011
When on a school trip to Italy late 70's the hotel did packed lunches each day for us and kept doing 100's and 1000's as a filling in our sandwiches.

Pretty normal for the Dutch to have those for breakfast.

Now if you enjoy a nice dessert sandwich ...mature cheddar cheese and golden syrup...perfect on return from an evening game at the Amex!

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Old Family Fav is Wheetabix (dry) with butter

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Crunchy peanut butter & strawberry jam.
my wife likes Fish finger & mango chutney sandwiches....but she is a little strange

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I ate half a lugworm sandwich once when fishing on Worthing pier.
Bastard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here