Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange sandwiches

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
What's the most bizarre sandwich filling you've had. Either as a one off when desperate and pissed, or you've got one that you just love.
I often used to eat instant mash sandwiches when I was a skint teen. Now I love a Cold baked bean sandwich ( leftover beans when the bean juice goes all stodgy) with a dash of tobasco.
Lovely stuff.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
oyster and cucumber

Lush

Mods' Pet
Beetroot and mature cheddar is both flavourful and colourful. Another of my favourites is mature cheddar, lettuce and Heinz salad cream.

In fact I'm going to have one now. Bring on the nightmares!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When on a school trip to Italy late 70's the hotel did packed lunches each day for us and kept doing 100's and 1000's as a filling in our sandwiches.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My sisters toasted tahini banana marmite sandwich was pretty special/weird/tasty/foul. Still not sure which.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Marmite and jam on toast, sandwiched up. Sounds weird but you have the whole sweet and sour thing going on. Its lovely

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
After a heavy night out, Branston pickle sandwiches often seemed like a good idea. Probably fine if you eat them straight away, but when you find them in your lunch box the next day... not so fine.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Omelette Sandwich - with some sauce

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Mild curry supernoodles with chili sauce sandwich is my favourite hangover munch.

My dad makes a triple layered fried egg, hummus and coleslaw sandwich; which sounds wierd but is incredible!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After a heavy night out, Branston pickle sandwiches often seemed like a good idea.
My 4 year old likes them, can't be that weird.

D

Deleted member 18477

Mini Sausage rolls in a fresh soft roll!

Also put pasta and chicken inside a soft roll before.

Both did the trick!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When i was in the trenches back in the day we used to eat bunion buns and pick our with teeth frozen rat tails. Nowadays i like to chew on chorizo due to its equine dong similarities, which also bring back memories of the trenches.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Mild curry supernoodles with chili sauce sandwich is my favourite hangover munch.

My dad makes a triple layered fried egg, hummus and coleslaw sandwich; which sounds wierd but is incredible!

Someone at work puts curry pot noodles in a sandwich, we thought that was the weirdest snacking habit. That was until Dave piped up and told us he enjoys eating crisps in the the shower.
Yer I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here