Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange/Indirect claims to fame.....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My mother's Cousin married Graham Hill's cousin. So somehow I'm related to ex- F1 Champion Damon Hill. Don't ask me what its called though Cousin once removed?

That is the 3rd Graham Hill related post on this thread - he obviously got about a bit when he wasn't racing Grand Prix Cars...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
My nextdoor neighbour is friends with Opera singer Dame Kiri Te Kanawa - in fact she visited just the other day.

Other than that my Mums cousin is good friends with the Albions very own Inigo Calderon and he has actually taught by brother on an AITC course.

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
I was having a piss at the Ocean Rooms club when I heard someone chatting to me.
I didn't look round but answered that he sounded just like "that f****in' Danny Dyer bloke".
Anyway,it was him.

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
I went to school with the sons of Matthew Corbett of Sooty. fame They were spoilt, loudmouth fools. I also went to school with Shakin Steven's son and Johnny Wilkinson was at my school but way younger than me and never met him.

My Stepbrother is friends with Roger Waters and played in a band with his son.

I shagged Geoffrey Bernard's daughter

I had dinner with Heath Ledger and Colin Farrell a few years ago.
If that was Lord Wandsworth ,Peter Richards went there and he was mates with Wilkinson and also played Rugby for England

Went to school with Julie Walters niece.

Girlfriends mum is good friends with Dave Benson-Phillips and babysits his kids every now and then.

One of Peter Bonnetti's grandchildren was a Scout at the unit I assisted about 5 years ago or so.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Used to know the girl who inspired '6 Underground' by the Sneaker Pimps.

And used to work with the sister of Transvision Vamp's lead guitarist.

Oh, and I work with someone who was in the last 16 of the auditions to become a Spice Girl.

Crap enough for you? :)

D

Deleted User X18H

In the early 90's I worked with an old boy called C Watcyn Lewis . He was my sort of mentor . I remember him telling it was a good interesting job in reinsurance, and that he wished his son about my age would consider something like it instead of buggering around at drama school or trying to get acting work. This was his son Damian!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Right, as a youngster working on the Palace Pier I met loads of celebs but the ones who spoke to me were Frankie Howard, he was very funny, Ronnie Corbett told me off for nearly knocking him over and threatened to get his minder on me; I was only 16 FFS.
I apologised for nearly treading on Lena Zavaroni, she is/was so small that I did not see her.
I went out with the daughter of the model that featured in the video of The Model by Kraftwerk.
In the 80's I got a bit of extra cash as a sessions musician and worked with loads of musicians and was surprised at the number who couldn't play their instruments well if at all.
I auditioned for the part of Oliver and met Mark Lester and Jack Wild.
I did 3 seasons playing in the band on Med cruises in my summer hols from Uni and I played with Acker Bilk, Kenny Ball and Humphrey Littleton.
I chaperoned one of the girls from Buck's Fizz at a public function, not Cheryl Baker, the other one and I can't remember her name.
I had a 'Play Punch' with William Shatner and met 'McGyver' at the same time.
2 weeks ago I danced on stage with Iggy Pop and the Stooges and he patted me on the back.
I caught a sweet the Christopher Biggins threw into the crowd at a Panto at the Theatre Royal and gave it to my daughter.
My brother fixed the late James Herbert's cars as well as that Ellison chap who was Burnside in The Bill and my wife served Timothy Dalton when she worked at a jewelers.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Saira Khan, who found fame as a children's TV presenter following her appearance on The Apprentice, was once a close friend of mine. She often used to sunbath topless during her lunch break on my terrace in Lewes! No I don't have any pictures!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I also fitted a set of taps in Greta Scacchi's kitchen at Ditchling and she made me a cup of tea.
I fitted Philip Dunn's kitchen and was invited to a couple of his party's also in Ditchling.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I appeared in late night documentary on Channel 4 last week about outdoor activities although you won't recognise me due to the gimp mask.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
My mum and Dad went to school with Robert Smith of the Cure and went to their first ever gig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here