Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange/Indirect claims to fame.....

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Paul Parker (of Sussex CCC fame) told me to google off when me and some friends were having a game on the boundary during lunch at the County Ground and we hit a ball into the middle of the area where Sussex were doing some exercises. I've got millions more of these stories - as I suspect many people have - but I'd better stop now.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
My aunt used to nanny for Mrs Claus from Santa Claus the Movie (Judy Cornwall)

My dad once stopped and asked a couple for directions in some village in Sussex (not sure which); the wife was very nice and helpful, the husband was a miserable git. He was James Bolam

Possibly Wisborough Green.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Myself and Ricky Gervais threw a fire extinguisher through a University halls of residence window at a party once !
I'm still good friends with him.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
My daughter was in the same class at school as one of The Rizzle Kicks.

My wife used to serve one of the Rizzle Kicks dinner when she worked in the kitchens at Stringer (Is this the same one?!). Bizarrely enough we were in Casablancas the other week and he was in there, after 10 mins of trying to sneakily take his picture, and failing, he spotted her and said "didn't you used to serve me my dinner", he then posed for a picture. Very nice man.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Paul Parker (of Sussex CCC fame) told me to google off when me and some friends were having a game on the boundary during lunch at the County Ground and we hit a ball into the middle of the area where Sussex were doing some exercises. I've got millions more of these stories - as I suspect many people have - but I'd better stop now.

His son was my best friend at prep school and we used to play down there all the time.

We probably shared a wind ball at some stage.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
My wife used to serve one of the Rizzle Kicks dinner when she worked in the kitchens at Stringer (Is this the same one?!). Bizarrely enough we were in Casablancas the other week and he was in there, after 10 mins of trying to sneakily take his picture, and failing, he spotted her and said "didn't you used to serve me my dinner", he then posed for a picture. Very nice man.

Glad to hear it - he's a good lad.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
once showed HRH Prince Charles to a telephone box in Faslane dockyard.

Danny La Rue paid for a taxi for me and my oppo to get back to Chatham dockyard from Eastbourne (DLR had pinched our booked taxi and it dropped him off at the Italian restaurant near the seafront).

called Prince Edwards' bodyguard a numpty as he had bought HRH onto a warship and he insisted on wearing his side arm (as if jack was going to push HRH over the side).

cadged a lift from Jim Davidson on his boat to shore in Torquay (ship anchored off in the bay). missed the last boat back to ship and tried to get our heads down Jims boat but he told us to foxtrot oscar ( t w a t).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A friend of mine, filthy bitch from Manchester (aren't they all?) gave Frank Sidebottom a backstage blowjob while he was still wearing his big papier mache head. Hadn't seen him before or since and she never knew what he looked like.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
haha, member of my family did a demonstration day at a DIY store with Tommy, said he was a really nice guy

He was delightful considering he was talking to a 20 year old student who didn't know what the hell he was doing (at a radio station at the time) and was doing his best to promote a 'recent survey finding' while also promoting whatever Black and Decker product he had signed up to do.

Jimmy Case was also brilliant and was delighted to talk about his Brighton days considering I was too young to witness his era.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Once served Mrs T a raw carrot when as Education minister she visited our school, we were demo'ing a science experiment. Told me that she is rather partial to a raw carrot, oooer.

Met her again about 12 years later when she was PM but didn't get a chance to remind her of our previous encounter, as she was in a bit of a hurry to leave Brighton.

My mums cousin was married to Howard blake, who wrote the music for the snowman.

My nans, step daughters cousin was married to Robert chartoff, director of the rocky films.

My wifes aunties second husband has martin freeman, of hobbit and office fame as is nephew.

My second cousin played a part in the hilarious (not!) Comedy " the upper hand"

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
My brother was in the loos at a West End show last year, and Will Young was in there at the same time

Dirty ******* didn't wash his hands (Will Young, not my brother)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here