Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop the war protest

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
so if i walk into the cop shop at any time i can say 'hello can the fellow off nsc please explain why there were so many filth down the protest on monday??' i will have several willing coppers wanting to have a chat over a cup of tea???

if that is the case you should maybe spend more time dishing out speeding tickets!!

Nope, send me a PM. I will give you my name etc... and you can come in and ask for me. I Will make time to explain why the "filth" had so many there...

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Nope, send me a PM. I will give you my name etc... and you can come in and ask for me. I Will make time to explain why the "filth" had so many there...

the way you were prancing around in yer wagons sirens blazing lights flashing yesterday was total farce.. and what for 3 arrest ..wow.. you were like kids in a toy shop !!! and what was the helicopter over coldean for hrs on end all about ?? way way ott if you ask me !! all the time you lot are sitting around in yer nice warm office and panda cars ill never vote..you should be out on th=e streets day in day out.. i rest my case !

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

you are fine thanks, seen talking to one of you lot:censored::(

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
the way you were prancing around in yer wagons sirens blazing lights flashing yesterday was total farce.. and what for 3 arrest ..wow.. you were like kids in a toy shop !!! and what was the helicopter over coldean for hrs on end all about ?? way way ott if you ask me !! all the time you lot are sitting around in yer nice warm office and panda cars ill never vote..you should be out on th=e streets day in day out.. i rest my case !

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"One last point. If you don't want to have a defence company in Brighton, then you don't want a defence industry. If that's the case we'll have to disband the forces, and we'll not be able to protect ourselves. I'm sure we can the ask these very nice muslim extremists, and the horrible regimes in certain parts of the world if they would be very nice and give up there arms and be good chaps. Idealism is so easy; however, we happen to live in the real-world." Quoted by larus

How many people do EDO in Brighton?

larus

Sorry.

How many people do EDO employ in Brighton.?

Sorry, but I fail to see the relevance of that? I believe about 150-200, but then there's the business that they generate for local suppliers as well.

My point is that they are running a legal business, have been based in Brighton for decades, don't make munitions, mines, bombs, chemical warfare etc, just components for hold bombs to planes.

If you don't went them here, then the logical conclusion to your argument is that you don't want us to have any armed forces.

Is that what you want, and if so, how does that make the world a safer place. It's not the guns/bombs that kill, it's mankind. The same mankind that goes out and smashes up shops on protest 'peace' marches I suppose.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How far back in the past do you want to go?
100 years
200 years
300 years
500 years
1000 years
10000 years.

Yes, I am being totally serious. Your mentality is what causes conflicts to be dragged on for years, i.e. N.Ireland. At sometime, the events of the past have got to be forgotten. How can you blame the management of ITT now for what may have happened 40 years ago FFS.

The company in Brighton was part of Morgan Crucible, then there was a management buyout, the sale to EDO and then ITT acquired EDO.

Oh, I can assure you that I know more than anyone on here through close contacts - and no, I won't divolve more even though I know a lot more, but the propoganda being spouted by the Smash Edo is worse than Gordon Browns arithmetic.

One last point. If you don't want to have a defence company in Brighton, then you don't want a defence industry. If that's the case we'll have to disband the forces, and we'll not be able to protect ourselves. I'm sure we can the ask these very nice muslim extremists, and the horrible regimes in certain parts of the world if they would be very nice and give up there arms and be good chaps. Idealism is so easy; however, we happen to live in the real-world.

As idealism goes, that's quite an idealist version of the defence industry.

It's the second biggest in the world and is a huge exporter. Much of what it produces does nothing at all to protect us at all.

I'd like to think that the people at the top making millions out of selling tanks abroad are doing so with our own servicemen in mind.

But the reality is probably very very different.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Me and my wife have just come back from brighton and im ashamed to be british...oh no, not with the protest going on but the amount of police everywhere, totally obscene and ott if you ask me..i mean as i tax payer im appalled that my money is wasted in such way...helicopters, horses, dogs and as many police and cars/wagons as you like..total shambles...for what ?? about 500 mostly peaceful protesters (who do have the right to protest)...shameful...and before people start slagging all the protesters off as being the unkept unwashed brigade, well from what we saw there were many decent working class people among the crowd, familys, old people, all sorts, and lot prob got decent jobs...and have you all stopped to think what the they are protesting about ?? an arms factorty in brighton making parts used to kill innocent people...im not anti police or protester myself, but all too often people are quick to condem such action without really thinking about what the protest is all about...and who should be footing the bill for all the policing ??? in my view the edo factory itself not tax payer ...:thumbsup:

The protesters are a bunch of smelly tossers. I assume that when football fans riot through a town causing pandemonium and vandalising property the police are so lenient on them and only make 3 arrests.

Somehow I think they would be dealt with slightly differently.

These dirty f**kers should be made to work and give the money to all the traders that lost their bank holiday profits because a bunch of pricks that didn't even know why they were protesting wanting to fight the Police. Problem is, your more likely to shit in the queens handbag than get those dirty bastards to do any work.

:censored::mad:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
The protesters are a bunch of smelly tossers. I assume that when football fans riot through a town causing pandemonium and vandalising property the police are so lenient on them and only make 3 arrests.

Somehow I think they would be dealt with slightly differently.

These dirty f**kers should be made to work and give the money to all the traders that lost their bank holiday profits because a bunch of pricks that didn't even know why they were protesting wanting to fight the Police. Problem is, your more likely to shit in the queens handbag than get those dirty bastards to do any work.

:censored::mad:

:smokin:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
They need protection but do they REALLY need to look like this?

article-1026508-019C752700000578-264_468x286.jpg

Do the police need to look "military"? Why black? Why masks? Why those massive boots?

Go on admit it. It's designed to intimidate.

What a TOOL you are:shootself

That is quite clearly Blue and not Black,now last time i looked at a copper blue was the colour of choice for thier uniforms,so they've hardly chose blue to be "intimidating".

The boiler suits they are wearing will be fireproof,to protect them from petrol bombs,paint bombs or any type of chemical thrown at them.They will also have some sort of fireproof underlayer on aswell i would imagine.

The boots will also be for protection of the feet from large heavy objects/fire/chemicals etc etc.The facemarks are again for facial protection from fire and chemicals.

I would also imagine that underneath all that and not visible in the photo is a complete set of Armadillo protection pads covering both legs,shoulders and lower and upper arms aswel as something for the groin area,plus as Edna said a stab vest.

I can ASSURE you that this is not all designed to look "Paramilitary",but simply for the protection of the officers wearing it.

Having myself stood at places like the Ardoyne shopfronts and many other Belfast landmarks wearing all this kit AND more,it is not comfortable (especialy when the suns out) and the officers would not have been enjoying themselves.Im sure they would all have rather been somewhere else on a lovely Bank Holiday monday.....so hats off to all of them.

Its just a shame they were not allowed give these crusty pikey "protesters" a f***ing good shoeing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here