Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke v West Ham (Merged)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
stoke deserved it to be honest. The ref was appaling...Piquionnes goal was hand ball. stoke should never have been give the pen and there was about a dozen decisions which were poor

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
A City-United final would be good for the competition, I'm fed up with all the finals in recent years that have either been foregone conclusions or matches between the same top four sides.

At least City-United would have a great atmosphere as well as both sides having the ability to win it. Bolton or Stoke? No thanks.

Ithis (The opposite of this).

I think Stoke can go all the way and win the trophy. People wanting Manure or Man Shitty to win - WTF?

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
your impossible

Stoke fan here. Thought I would have a look to see what abuse you guys would send our way after today. I was not to be disappointed. what's Leekbrooks problem with Stoke?

Anyway I thought it was a good old fashioned game today lots of incidents and talking points. Far better than some sterile big 4 clash now wasn't it!

And who on earth thinks a final between The two Manc sides would be good for football? Would just prove the rest of us would never compete. A Stoke or a Bolton making it is far better for football and very much gives hope to teams like your own for the future! If for the rest of our lives the only teams who ever win anything are the top 4 then the rest of us might as well pack in now don't you think?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Stoke fan here. Thought I would have a look to see what abuse you guys would send our way after today. I was not to be disappointed. what's Leekbrooks problem with Stoke?

Anyway I thought it was a good old fashioned game today lots of incidents and talking points. Far better than some sterile big 4 clash now wasn't it!

And who on earth thinks a final between The two Manc sides would be good for football? Would just prove the rest of us would never compete. A Stoke or a Bolton making it is far better for football and very much gives hope to teams like your own for the future! If for the rest of our lives the only teams who ever win anything are the top 4 then the rest of us might as well pack in now don't you think?
Dont disagree with alot of what you say,just want to see a pass and move side make and win the final. Surely is not how the game should be played ??

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Stoke hoofing it for 90 minutes while getting beat 3-0 by United. Brilliant final.

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
What I don't get is why everyone jumps on the Hoof Ball bandwagen when discussing Stoke. Yes there is a bit of that but if you watched the game yesterday, in particular the first 20 mins you would have seen both Etherington and Pennant ripping West Ham apart down the wings with good final balls into the box.

Yes we scored our first from the throw in, but come on, hand on heart, if you had Delap in your team with the ability to make a throw in as effective as a corner would you refuse to use it??? of course you wouldn't. When he probably moves on at the end of this season then that will be the end of it! It has produced only 3 0r 4 Goals in total all season anyway so it is hardly proving to be our only weapon.

We may make the final if were lucky and yes we will probably be comfortably beaten by one of the Manc teams but the point you are missing is that if the likes of Man U/Chelsea/Man City/Arsenal are the only teams that ever win anything, as a result of their massively superior purchasing power then football is dead in my opinion. We already just about have a situation like Scotland where only 2 teams win it every season and everyone else just makes up the numbers. Dull Dull Dull.

You may not like our style and I also hate it sometimes but it's not all hoofball either. The proper supporters of clubs like Stoke & Brighton should be delighted that there is a chance of a different name on the cup rather than the same old same old for plastic supporters who have no connection with the Cities of the teams they support.

With me or against me??

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Does the draw mean that either Stoke or Bolton will now be in EUROPE?

Yes it does providing Man City don't win the FA Cup and also fall out of the 4 top spots for a European place.

Brilliant isn't it???? We were playing Brighton in the lower leagues not so long ago and now potentially Europe. Gives hope to everyone don't you think?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What I don't get is why everyone jumps on the Hoof Ball bandwagen when discussing Stoke. Yes there is a bit of that but if you watched the game yesterday, in particular the first 20 mins you would have seen both Etherington and Pennant ripping West Ham apart down the wings with good final balls into the box.

Yes we scored our first from the throw in, but come on, hand on heart, if you had Delap in your team with the ability to make a throw in as effective as a corner would you refuse to use it??? of course you wouldn't. When he probably moves on at the end of this season then that will be the end of it! It has produced only 3 0r 4 Goals in total all season anyway so it is hardly proving to be our only weapon.

We may make the final if were lucky and yes we will probably be comfortably beaten by one of the Manc teams but the point you are missing is that if the likes of Man U/Chelsea/Man City/Arsenal are the only teams that ever win anything, as a result of their massively superior purchasing power then football is dead in my opinion. We already just about have a situation like Scotland where only 2 teams win it every season and everyone else just makes up the numbers. Dull Dull Dull.

You may not like our style and I also hate it sometimes but it's not all hoofball either. The proper supporters of clubs like Stoke & Brighton should be delighted that there is a chance of a different name on the cup rather than the same old same old for plastic supporters who have no connection with the Cities of the teams they support.

With me or against me??

You are right mate. Everyone moans when its the usual clubs winning things and everyone moans when it is someone else.

I don't like Stoke, never have and I hope you lose the semi and go down but your points are valid

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
You are right mate. Everyone moans when its the usual clubs winning things and everyone moans when it is someone else.

I don't like Stoke, never have and I hope you lose the semi and go down but your points are valid

Thanks Mate but may I ask why you don't like us?

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
I agree that it means that there is a different club/s in the semis and that is good for the game and that having different styles in the competition is good also. I just think that its about time the refererees caught up with the illegal antics of the Stoke players at dead ball situations and should be looking for them. Not always an easy job. Instead Greer gets warned by referee Webb for wrestling with Carew who takes advantage and scores the first goal. Instead he should have stopped Carew obstructing Brezovan. And yes I know everyone does it to some extent but Stoke really take the ... biscuit.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Er .. there's some people on here with VERY short memories TBH - by way of reminder just exactly where was the carpet football under Wilkins, Magoo etc... ? Get a grip !

BB

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Gutted about the draw, Stoke, West Ham, Bolton. 3 teams we would of have had a chance of beating. If we'd turned up at Stoke and played like we can we would have been two decent performences from a F.A cup final. People can't say I'm being OTT or that "concentrate on the league shite" but lets be honest, on our day we could have won against all of those sides. :nono:

Hope Stoke win it now, so what if they don't play 'total' football? Do you know how boring football would be if every team played tippy tappy?! Variety is the spice of life. Hoofball and stay up or play lovely football and go down? Yeah, difficult choice. Managed to beat us with ease.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here