Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke game expected to go ahead on Saturday 19th February

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Plymouth could have done with that £30,000....

That's so very true. It's not really that much to us considering how well the books are balanced here (did you ever think you'd be saying that as a Brighton fan?) but Plymouth are on the breadline so it's a shame our success has cost them some much needed Sky cash.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Stoke ticket prices

From Stoke official site for their supporters

STH £15 Concessions £5
non STH £20 Concessions £10

:amex::ascarf:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Bloody hell, five of the eight games are on t.v, as well as all two 4th round replays...and we don't get a look in! Bloody Everton and chelsea are going to have their replay shown(after their original game was also on live) and then their fifth round game. Same for Man city and notts county. Guess it's just the radio for me then.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
From the Argus

Albion's FA Cup fifth round tie at Stoke will be played on Saturday February 19 (3pm).

The Seagulls' home league game against Plymouth, originally scheduled for Monday February 21 live on Sky, will now take place on Tuesday February 22 (7.45pm) without TV coverage.

That will cost the Seagulls £30,000, although they earned £90,000 for beating Watford to reach the last 16 of the FA Cup.

From the FA site "The FA fee for live TV broadcast is £247,500 per club"

TheFA.com - Red Devils live on ITV1

So we have missed out on nearly £300k by not being on TV

Fixture congestion, it happens. Successful side + winter postponements = congested fixture list.

Can we just man-up round here and stop turning into Arsenal.

I am man enough! I am just asking when we can play the game against Plymouth, and if it's easier and better for the Albion to play the game in February, then so it should be. Shame it is not on Wednesday but at least we haven't got at least nine fixtures in March now.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Does anybody think we may get a sky game later in the season ? SCC at home perhaps ?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
They specifically do not do appointments on match days, and canceled some when colchester was rearranged so I am led to believe

They do I'm afraid - I went to the presentation last Tuesday and the Colchester game on the Tuesday evening. I guess they might cancel the early evening one though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here