Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke game expected to go ahead on Saturday 19th February

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think the reality is that we will only play both IF the Stoke game could be switched to Friday night. If not, the Plymouth game will be cancelled. No big shock, that's what happens to your League game when you are still in the Cup. The fact it had been moved from Saturday to Monday won't preserve it IMHO.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I'd happily play Dunk and Elphick in the Stoke game, and wouldn't even consider it a case of weakening the defence (for that particular game). Both are excellent in the air, Dunk especially, which will be a real asset.

Throw in Brezovan, Sandaza, Holroyd, and a midfielder as well as Dunk & Elphick allowing: Murray, Bennett, Greer, Wood, Barnes, Noone, El Abd to be raring to going ( and rested ) against Plymouth......simples !!!!

I think the reality is that we will only play both IF the Stoke game could be switched to Friday night. If not, the Plymouth game will be cancelled. No big shock, that's what happens to your League game when you are still in the Cup. The fact it had been moved from Saturday to Monday won't preserve it IMHO.

When are you going to fit in the Plymouth game then if it is postponed? March is becoming very congested already. Including the Stoke game we would have played six fixtures when February ends, March only has one midweek left free and if the fixture is moved there we will play at least nine games in March. April already has seven fixtures planned.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Stoke game confirmed Saturday at 3pm, Plymouth game moved to the Tuesday - Official Text

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Albion are also keen to play their home League game against Plymouth, which had been scheduled for Monday, February 21

Good. That means Bournemouth will only have played 4 games more than us by the end of Feb instead of 5. We might still be in touch with them at the top.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
From the Argus

Albion's FA Cup fifth round tie at Stoke will be played on Saturday February 19 (3pm).

The Seagulls' home league game against Plymouth, originally scheduled for Monday February 21 live on Sky, will now take place on Tuesday February 22 (7.45pm) without TV coverage.

That will cost the Seagulls £30,000, although they earned £90,000 for beating Watford to reach the last 16 of the FA Cup.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** sake Im in Sweden Tuesday so cant do the Plymouth game. f***ing FA Cup.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
When are you going to fit in the Plymouth game then if it is postponed? March is becoming very congested already. Including the Stoke game we would have played six fixtures when February ends, March only has one midweek left free and if the fixture is moved there we will play at least nine games in March. April already has seven fixtures planned.

Fixture congestion, it happens. Successful side + winter postponements = congested fixture list.

Can we just man-up round here and stop turning into Arsenal.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
yep w/c 21st is half term for my kids so they'll be made up that the Plymouth match is still on that week (cos i'm mean & don't let them go to midweek matches during school weeks!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here