Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke game expected to go ahead on Saturday 19th February

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus

Albion expect to confirm the date of the FA Cup 5th round clash at Stoke this morning but both their tie and Crawley's trip to Manchester United are now expected to take place on Saturday February 19

Albion are also keen to play their home League game against Plymouth, which had been scheduled for Monday, February 21

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Good, lets play the game on 21st against Plymouth - it's the more important.

Play the fringe/development/reserve squad against Stoke infront of the less than 1,000 away following.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Play the fringe/development/reserve squad against Stoke infront of the less than 1,000 away following.

What?

FA Cup QF spot at stake! The Plymouth game is important, they all are, but that one game won't crown us Champions and nor will it oust us from the competition.

Also, if we do look to play "fringe/development/reserve" can we please get a clear indication, so that I'm not one of those 1,000 wasting my hard-earned on a game no-one takes seriously.

Arsing around with our selection in teh earlier rounds coincided with us losing momentum in the League, so I seriously hope we have learnt that lesson, and go to Stoke to win.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
M6 is going to be busy that day....approx 8,000 - 10,000 going to Old Trafford and Stoke.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Less than 1000 away following :laugh: as if

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

How the hell can we play 48 hours later. It was obvious the players were jaded at Orient, after the big effort at Watford.
It is a recipe for disaster.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How the hell can we play 48 hours later. It was obvious the players were jaded at Orient, after the big effort at Watford.
There is a difference. Orient are not shit (they've lost 1 in 16) whereas Plymouth are.

I think it's a calculated risk but even if we played badly, a home win against a team decimated by a fire sale and seriously lacking form is surely not beyond the realms of possibility.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is a difference. Orient are not shit (they've lost 1 in 16) whereas Plymouth are.

I think it's a calculated risk but even if we played badly, a home win against a team decimated by a fire sale and seriously lacking form is surely not beyond the realms of possibility.

Noooooney will be rested as he's cup tied, so will be fresh to single-handledly RUIN his old team :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd happily play Dunk and Elphick in the Stoke game, and wouldn't even consider it a case of weakening the defence (for that particular game). Both are excellent in the air, Dunk especially, which will be a real asset.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

They are super-fit professionals, that's how. 2 games over Easter used to be the norm, and take a look at the fixture schedules in non-league come April, where the players are also holding down jobs.

As for the Orient game, what makes you think a draw away to an in-form team is the result of the players being jaded? If that was the reason, then we have some BIG issues to deal with because games on Saturday (if not Watford it would have been Dagenham) and the following Tuesday are a regular event.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's not the fact we're playing twice in three days that's the central problem.

It's the fact that Plymouth don't have a game on the Saturday.

So? That happens all the time, just something you have to deal with. Cup games, postponements, all skew the season, and successful sides just have to deal with it.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I'd be seriously shocked if Brighton agreed to play 2 games in 3 days.

If they do, prepare for an extremely weakened team in the Stoke match.

I can see no reason why we can't play Plymouth at home on the Wednesday night, that gives us either three or four days between games depending on whether the Stoke game is played on the Sunday or Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here