Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke fans like our ground!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Totally agree, from what I've seen Chesterfield's new ground is by far the most attractive of its type (if you take Shrewsbury and Colchester as equivalents).

Even then I don't mind Shrewsbury or Colchester's ground. Prefer Chesterfields though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stoke fans are definitely the noisiest I've heard at Withdean, especially when they do their rendition of 'Delilah'. They've played their part in keeping Stoke in the Prem, their ground always seems to be rocking with noise for home games.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It made me laugh the other day sitting in a Southampton pub watching the Brighton Bournemouth game.

The Saints fans who were drinking before their home game against Tranmere knew NOTHING about us.

One said "Are Brighton still going to get a new stadium?"
The reply: "No that fell through years ago."

They then continued to be incorrect regarding everything they talked about Brighton. Also didn't seem to see us as much of a threat to them this season :lolol:

To be fair i talk to many people from various places and they no sod all about our new stadium or whats going on at the club as thats not really their concern:lolol:

Most people think we're a tiny club in a shit stadium and have never had a crowd bigger than 9k:p

Although i do get a lot of people who know:wink:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Some really good comments on their website, and good to know that there are knowledgable football fans out there that have an interest in other club's issues. Fan's United proved that point.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Most people think we're a tiny club in a shit stadium and have never had a crowd bigger than 9k:p

In all truth that could easily describe more than a few of our younger supporters - we really did lose a whole generation of fans when we lost the Goldstone. :(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Respect to them, what a genuine and honest bunch of fans.

Agreed. Has actually slightly changed my opinion on Stoke - went there for the Tues night game when we lost 1-0 and there were some really horrible characters outside and one attacked a mate of mine for no reason (wearing a replica shirt...). I suppose every club has its idiots and it's genuine football fans - Oatcake seems to have more of the latter...

I think Stoke will be suprised that we will fill that stadium most weeks - no need to close the top tier i'm sure of that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The top tier will have plenty of requests for season tickets so surely there is no question of it ever being closed.

Yes definately. At a recent presentation (Seagulls over Burwash) they should a pic form each tier and each stand... Most would agree West Upper had the best view, althought the 1901 middle tier seats are allegedly the 'optimum 45 degree viewing angle'... I can see these being the West upper being the most expensive season tickets (maybe £550 - £650) and the North being the cheapest (£370 ish) myself.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I can see these being the West upper being the most expensive season tickets (maybe £550 - £650) and the North being the cheapest (£370 ish) myself.

I would despair if the club charged £650 for a season ticket that wasn't a corporate type seat.
For that sort of price you could almost buy a Liverpool season ticket....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I would despair if the club charged £650 for a season ticket that wasn't a corporate type seat.

But would you want to watch Liverpool or the Albion the way things are going?

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Stoke fans are definitely the noisiest I've heard at Withdean, especially when they do their rendition of 'Delilah'. They've played their part in keeping Stoke in the Prem, their ground always seems to be rocking with noise for home games.

Been to "The Brit" with my Stoke supporting ex-boss, definitely amongst the best home support I've seen.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Less than 30 quid a game isn't a bad price for the very best seats. I wouldn't pay it for 3rd or 2nd division football but i'm sure a couple of thousand will and in turn subsidise a further10000 season tickets for around £350 -£500

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here