Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke fans like our ground!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Challenging for the championship in 3 years time.
Perhaps we should form a love in with our striped admirers from the potteries :cheers:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I love the Le Havre stadium designed by our architects. Can we groundshare?

KSS

Drove past it when over there a couple of weeks back, obviously work had just started so nothing to see, but looks like it'll be very special. Right across the road from their current ground, dont really see why they're moving to be honest, decent enough stadium as it is and doesnt get close to being full, even more so while they're in League 2.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i have always hated stoke fans, however...they seem very knowledgeable about our past and very supportive....so i have changed my mind :thumbsup:

especially this chaps quote...

Looks great - so pleased for them. I was the lawyer acting for them in the late 90s after they left the Goldstone (nothing to do with the shocking sale of that I may add!) and before I left the UK. I wrote the letter to all FL chairman begging them to vote to keep BHA in the league (which worked!!) and negotiated, as best I could (from serious position of weakness) some of their ground-sharing arrangements when they were homeless.

A lovely club now owned and run by good local people who really care about the club. I am so glad Falmer is now close to being a reality as the local council, as well as past owners, did not make life easy for them.

Read more: Oatcake Fanzine - Brightons New Stadium

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
actually, it may have been PORT VALE fans that ive always hated.

cant quite remember now :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

It made me laugh the other day sitting in a Southampton pub watching the Brighton Bournemouth game.

The Saints fans who were drinking before their home game against Tranmere knew NOTHING about us.

One said "Are Brighton still going to get a new stadium?"
The reply: "No that fell through years ago."

They then continued to be incorrect regarding everything they talked about Brighton. Also didn't seem to see us as much of a threat to them this season :lolol:

Bless those saints fans, i had one of them staring at my Albion shirt in my van for about 2mins today and when i questioned him who did he think the team was he replied "I thought it was Pompey Scum and i was going let your tyres down".

:facepalm:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I remember the great effort that Port Vale FC made for us when we won the Divisio Two Championship and played our last game of the season there. Must be something about the good people of Stoke who actually like us, good luck to both teams, Stoke have done so well of late too and seeing Micky Adam's Vale riding high is god too.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I've always had respect for Stoke fans after we played them a couple of years ago. We lost 2-0 (I think) to two dodgy penalties. We chanted "you're not fit to referee" and they joined in!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
İbrahim Tatlıses;3773085 said:
Wouldn't see posts like that on most teams boards, modest and respectful and genuinely pleased for another club! Stoke are officially my favourite Premiership team after reading those comments :thumbsup:

innit. Incredibly NICE posts on that thread. I was waiting for a couple of 'who gives a shit about those lower league bum boys' type posts but just, well informed, intelligent, adult comments.

weird.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
seem like a nice bunch. their knowledge of a club that's 200 ish miles from them puts us to shame... all we ever do is mock clubs like chesterfield about their new ground.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Does seem that we've misjudged the fans from the Potteries. However I will continue to slag off Luton.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's amazing that in two pages there's only one gay jibe. Remarkable really, most fans immediately submit to that even if it is good natured. And they're from up north!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
seem like a nice bunch. their knowledge of a club that's 200 ish miles from them puts us to shame... all we ever do is mock clubs like chesterfield about their new ground.

I like the B2Net stadium!

No idea about the history behind it but I think its a very nice, modern ground. Yes its not got 4 stands all a different colour and era but I actually don't mind those stadiums.

Its a very nice ground. We're so lucky to have falmer being as unique as it is but I'm happy for Chesterfield to have gotten a nice ground like theirs.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I like the B2Net stadium!

No idea about the history behind it but I think its a very nice, modern ground. Yes its not got 4 stands all a different colour and era but I actually don't mind those stadiums.

Its a very nice ground. We're so lucky to have falmer being as unique as it is but I'm happy for Chesterfield to have gotten a nice ground like theirs.

Totally agree, from what I've seen Chesterfield's new ground is by far the most attractive of its type (if you take Shrewsbury and Colchester as equivalents).

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Totally agree, from what I've seen Chesterfield's new ground is by far the most attractive of its type (if you take Shrewsbury and Colchester as equivalents).

I think it's a fantastic little stadium, I kind of see it as a mini Falmer, can't believe it only cost 13 million too!

Attachments

• chesterfield1.jpg
    chesterfield1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 376
  • chesterfield4a.jpg
    chesterfield4a.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 374

It made me laugh the other day sitting in a Southampton pub watching the Brighton Bournemouth game.

The Saints fans who were drinking before their home game against Tranmere knew NOTHING about us.

One said "Are Brighton still going to get a new stadium?"
The reply: "No that fell through years ago."

They then continued to be incorrect regarding everything they talked about Brighton. Also didn't seem to see us as much of a threat to them this season :lolol:

I am also living here, and the only two pretty decent Saints fans I know well are both my age, and on my course at Uni which requires a decent knowledge of Sport.

The rest I have little time for. When out trying to get interviews about how they thought Nigel Adkins was doing NONE of the "fans" wearing Saints shirts was willing to stop and answer.

And I might add that they all looked quite inbred as well!

Fair to say after a year living here I've picked up some anit-saints tendencies to say the least....wish nothing but the worst for the south coast club!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here