Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke fan here

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Only the cowards and losers think like that.

15 games in the next two months - that's a game every four days and the bench hardly looked world beating on Saturday did it? We're not going to win the cup, so I'd be happy to see us bow out with a decent performance and concentrate on the job at hand.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I'm pretty confident that we can win at Stoke - but I'm not sure that I want us to, 'cos I don't want anything to dilute our chances of automatic promotion this season!

Simple really!?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
15 games in the next two months - that's a game every four days and the bench hardly looked world beating on Saturday did it? We're not going to win the cup, so I'd be happy to see us bow out with a decent performance and concentrate on the job at hand.
Why aren't we going to win the Cup? Just because a third division side has never done it before? Yes ok we probably won't - but we can dream. Even more so in this era when the top (and even not-so-top) sides don't take it seriously and often field weakened sides. I'll be absolutely gutted if we lose on Saturday as I will feel that a chance to make history will have gone begging. You negative anti-fans are beginning to irritate me a bit now, saying we can 'concentrate on the League' is the sop, the panacea we say after we've been knocked out to soften the blow, it is NOT the rallying cry we take into the game.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
Why aren't we going to win the Cup? Just because a third division side has never done it before? Yes ok we probably won't - but we can dream. Even more so in this era when the top (and even not-so-top) sides don't take it seriously and often field weakened sides. I'll be absolutely gutted if we lose on Saturday as I will feel that a chance to make history will have gone begging. You negative anti-fans are beginning to irritate me a bit now, saying we can 'concentrate on the League' is the sop, the panacea we say after we've been knocked out to soften the blow, it is NOT the rallying cry we take into the game.

Couldn't have put it better myself, we should go out to win every game

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Still, it's fairly nice to have a rival fan on here not being a cock. Seems like a gentleman and scholar. He even managed to predict us a 3-0 defeat and not seem like a prick or provoke a binfest of biblical proportions.

Speaking of which... I'm glad that c**t mike79 had f***ed off, jesus I hated that f***ing twonk.

hate's a strong word

it looks to me as though you have anger issues which could be addressed with a course of counselling and support from loved ones

i really do wish you the best of luck

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Spot on. We're the best team in League 1 by a mile, and we are going up. I don't care how we go up, whether it's in 1st or 2nd (obviously 1st would be nice) but the most important thing is that we are playing in the Championship next year. A maximum of another 4 games in the Cup isn't going to change that. If we get to the Semis and get to Wembley it will be interesting to see all these people who didn't care about the Cup moan because they cant get tickets.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

That's your view and you are more than welcome to it, just a shame you feel the need for vitriol when those that have a differing opinion express them.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That's your view and you are more than welcome to it, just a shame you feel the need for vitriol when those that have a differing opinion express them.

I'm not really sure Brovion's rallying cry can be classed as 'vitriol'. Have you read some of the stuff on this board!?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Class 'cowards and losers' then?

I am all for argument and debate, and of course banter, but I am becoming increasingly befuddled as to why so many replies to posts have to be abusive and downright nasty with no actual input to the thread. Can't for the life of me understand it in all honesty.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Class 'cowards and losers' then?

I am all for argument and debate, and of course banter, but I am becoming increasingly befuddled as to why so many replies to posts have to be abusive and downright nasty with no actual input to the thread. Can't for the life of me understand it in all honesty.

You should have a read of this thread Large Firework display last night? if you think Brovion has been downright nasty. Man up, for goodness sake.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Mate read the post I did, it is a generalisation, I have accused no-one personally or individually of being downright nasty, but the 'cowards and bully's' remark is just crass because someone has a differing opinion and I don't understand why people feel the need to do this. To then have a subsequent post explaining his opinion is fine. This is not a post against this guy, I am generalising based on what I see here. It's a shame because this is a very interesting, diverse and lively forum.

Anyway, apologies, I am well off topic, I shall say no more.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Mate read the post I did, it is a generalisation, I have accused no-one personally or individually of being downright nasty, but the 'cowards and bully's' remark is just crass because someone has a differing opinion and I don't understand why people feel the need to do this. To then have a subsequent post explaining his opinion is fine. This is not a post against this guy, I am generalising based on what I see here. It's a shame because this is a very interesting, diverse and lively forum.

Anyway, apologies, I am well off topic, I shall say no more.

No worries mate. If you read Brovion's posts a lot you'll see that he meant that tongue in cheek anyway, he wasn't being serious (well, not really anyway). He just seems to have an unhealthy obsession with the FA Cup.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
No worries mate. If you read Brovion's posts a lot you'll see that he meant that tongue in cheek anyway, he wasn't being serious (well, not really anyway). He just seems to have an unhealthy obsession with the FA Cup.

I think I might be nearer Brovian`s age than some of the anti cup run boys on here because I agree wholeheartedly with him and that`s because we and some others still remember the days when the FA cup meant something.
Good sides have good cup runs imo

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think I might be nearer Brovian`s age than some of the anti cup run boys on here because I agree wholeheartedly with him and that`s because we and some others still remember the days when the FA cup meant something.
Good sides have good cup runs imo

Yeah I agree. Winning is a habit, and beating teams from higher divisions than you can only boost confidence. If we pick up an injury along the way then we'll deal with it, we have enough in the squad. Players play games every day in training as well don't forget, they can get injured there too.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thank you Commander. Maybe I should have said "gutless slimeballs who don't deserve to be called 'fans' who spend their entire lives crawling in the gutter scared of their own shadows, terrified of having any dreams other than three points in the next league game and who make risk-averse Health and Safety Inspectors look like romantic visionairies".

Mind you at least they've stopped saying that a Cup run will damage our league form 'because that's what happened to Leeds last year'. Even the most f***-witted 'must concentrate on the league' moron can now see that that was a load of bollocks. (Whoops, there I go again)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Thank you Commander. Maybe I should have said "gutless slimeballs who don't deserve to be called 'fans' who spend their entire lives crawling in the gutter scared of their own shadows, terrified of having any dreams other than three points in the next league game and who make risk-averse Health and Safety Inspectors look like romantic visionairies".

Mind you at least they've stopped saying that a Cup run will damage our league form 'because that's what happened to Leeds last year'. Even the most f***-witted 'must concentrate on the league' moron can now see that that was a load of bollocks. (Whoops, there I go again)

OK that's enough now.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We're going to do the double. And when we do, I'm going to come back to this thread, quote myself and have it as my signature until the end of time....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here