Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke fan here

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"Having said that, a friend of mine who supports Southampton and watches a lot more L1 football than me described B&HA as a well drilled, good at set peices, physical hoof the ball type team with little technical ability who just outmuscle the opposition - so we could turn out to be the same as you, just a little stronger physically."

WTF!!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
erm? typical Southampton fan then, clueless!

...... a friend of mine who supports Southampton and watches a lot more L1 football than me described B&HA as a well drilled, good at set peices, physical hoof the ball type team with little technical ability who just outmuscle the opposition - so we could turn out to be the same as you, just a little stronger physically.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It depends on if Pulis picks a strong team. He probably will to be honest. Good luck anyway and remember to wear your gloves and coats its always cold up there :)

Don't think we'll be taking it quite so seriously as you lot, far bigger achievements to be made this season. Please come back on Saturday to tell us about your 3-0 prediction.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
"Having said that, a friend of mine who supports Southampton and watches a lot more L1 football than me described B&HA as a well drilled, good at set peices, physical hoof the ball type team with little technical ability who just outmuscle the opposition - so we could turn out to be the same as you, just a little stronger physically."

WTF!!

Oh no. The game plan that has lead to our success this season has been rumbled by that rather clued up SCC fan. The secret is out!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As long as we're careful about fouls. Most of their goals are from set pieces.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Really looking forward to the game on Saturday. :)

Visit our forum here Oatcake Fanzine - Home

Register we want your views!!!

3-0 Stoke :smokin:

Pullis has certainly got it wrong about our cup final. I think the majority of fans would rather see us go out so we can concentrate on promotion. Ticket sales have been slow, especially when you compare it to Villa last year when we sold out 6,000 with ease. This is due to a number of things. Poyet plays a weakened side in the cup and we have our sights set on the title. I don't think you're style of play is really capturing the imagination!

If you play to your strengths, put out a decent eleven and play very physically (sorry to stereotype you, but that game against Sunderland was terrifying and very ugly) you could win easily. We're not the biggest side and conceded a very soft goal from a set piece on Saturday. I also expect Poyet to rest two or three (including our captain and keeper), something I wholeheartedly agree with.

However, we've only lost four league games in 27 this season and only once by more than one goal. If you give us time on the ball we could easily score a couple and then anything could happen.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Still, it's fairly nice to have a rival fan on here not being a cock. Seems like a gentleman and scholar. He even managed to predict us a 3-0 defeat and not seem like a prick or provoke a binfest of biblical proportions.

Speaking of which... I'm glad that c**t mike79 had f***ed off, jesus I hated that f***ing twonk.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it cant be any worse than last time we played stoke!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I think the Stoke is speaking honestly and making sense. It does point to a 3-0 win to them but football doesnt always go to plan. Lots will depend on the side WE put out and the side THEY put out. They will perform regardless i feel, us on the otherhand will have to be at our best. Fascinting different styles on show. I promise you Stoke fans, if you have not seen us play then you will soon realise we play some of the best entertaining football outside the premiership. Not saying you play ugly football, but (baring Ethrington) its not the most pleasing on the eye. Although there is something strangely exciting about every time Rory Delap wipes that ball ready for a trademark throw!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Although there is something strangely exciting about every time Rory Delap wipes that ball ready for a trademark throw!

Yeah I agree with that, more exciting than a free kick around the box,
Every team would love to have a Rory delap in their squad, Murray and wood, would have a field day

Saturday prediction: 2-2

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I'd like us to play Elphick and Greer and hope they play Kenwyne Jones so they can mark him out the game like they did in the pre season game in Portugal!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah I agree with that, more exciting than a free kick around the box,
Every team would love to have a Rory delap in their squad, Murray and wood, would have a field day

Saturday prediction: 2-2

Stoke don't actually score that many goals from Delap's throws. Plus I've seen a few suggestions on the Oatcake that we won't be able to cope because we won't be used to that kind of tactic. Have they ENTIRELY forgotten what League One is like? Loads of teams at our level are packed with 6'4" hoofers whose only lines of attack are to hoof it aimlessly forward, or to wang in a monster throw. That Hartlepool player at the weekend kept hurling balls into our box. It's hardly a unique or surprise tactic is it?

And Southampton calling us a long ball team: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The Bear

Dec 21, 2010
Stoke don't actually score that many goals from Delap's throws. Plus I've seen a few suggestions on the Oatcake that we won't be able to cope because we won't be used to that kind of tactic. Have they ENTIRELY forgotten what League One is like? Loads of teams at our level are packed with 6'4" hoofers whose only lines of attack are to hoof it aimlessly forward, or to wang in a monster throw. That Hartlepool player at the weekend kept hurling balls into our box. It's hardly a unique or surprise tactic is it?

And Southampton calling us a long ball team: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Been a watcher for a while, had to reply to this....
"wang in" - GREAT TERM, not used this in years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here