Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke City FC v Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I think there are far too many on here who were expecting us to give Stoke a footballing lesson.

We aren't that good yet, we are merely in the prelude to our future, new chapters in Albion's history will be written.

But not yet.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We need to pass much quicker and look to play more balls forward. They're making us look silly, just waiting for a mistrayed pass or interception. Remember, Stoke are used to playing teams who pass better than us and twice as quickly. They will sit back and soak it up all day.

This. Bennett has got to get into the game more and Dicker has got to stop losing possession in midfield so much.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Still, at least there's the Crawley game to look forward to on this dreary Saturday afternoon. I either want to see them win, or get smashed. No dull 1-0 win for United, please.

C'mon Seagulls - let's have a better 2nd half and keep our dignity! It's all about promotion ;)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Glad I've chosen to go to Milton Keynes next week instead of going today as I couldn't afford both.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly, don't think we've looked out of place except for set pieces where Stoke have taken the piss. Just a bit odd as it's the one thing everyone knew Stoke would throw at us. They're not all that compared to us elsewhere at all.

I agree with you. Watching the live stream we're still knocking the ball about with confidence, but with us being 2-0, 3-0 down Stoke are now quite happy to sit back and hit on the break or a set piece, so we're finding bloody hard to break them down. We've created a couple of opportunities, couple of offsides that looked onside, but atleast the lads are still going for it. Don't agree that we've been muscled off the ball and we've been quick to try and get to the second ball, but Stoke are showing why they're comfortable in the Premier League, no shame in losing to them, disappointing, but not jump off the cliff disastrous as some on here are taking it. If we lose we lose, tuesday game is far more important.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Come on Brighton - get some respect back second half - don't need to win, just keep it sane

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Still, at least there's the Crawley game to look forward to on this dreary Saturday afternoon. I either want to see them win, or get smashed. No dull 1-0 win for United, please.

C'mon Seagulls - let's have a better 2nd half and keep our dignity! It's all about promotion ;)

This.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
2009 FA Cup -- League One teams in Round Six: none
2008 FA Cup -- League One teams in Round Six: none
2007 FA Cup -- League One teams in Round Six: one (Bristol Rovers)
2008 FA Cup -- League One teams in Round Six: none

It's always an uphill pull..... 1 in 32.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here