Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sting

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm sure if they read NSC and love The Beatles...???

Anyhoo,

From the dew-soaked hedge creeps a crawly caterpillar

Or

De do do do de da da da is all I want to say to you

Hmmm. Ray or Sting, Sting or Ray, who is the better social lyricist?

We're a band of instrumentalists really, we shout a bit high/flat at roughly the same time on occasion. I think the lyrics to this are closer to the criminally under rated Ray, and streets ahead of a failed teacher with an attitude.

https://youtu.be/3eConUJ7MB0

We'll never be as good as the Police, and music is not competitive,

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm sure if they read NSC and love The Beatles...???

Anyhoo,

From the dew-soaked hedge creeps a crawly caterpillar

Or

De do do do de da da da is all I want to say to you

Hmmm. Ray or Sting, Sting or Ray, who is the better social lyricist?

I once forgot to do some English Lit homework so instead of handing nothing in I just wrote the lyrics to Autumn Almanac out in the morning before school. Handed it in and got an A.

Not sure I would get an A handing in something from Sting.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I once forgot to do some English Lit homework so instead of handing nothing in I just wrote the lyrics to Autumn Almanac out in the morning before school. Handed it in and got an A.

Not sure I would get an A handing in something from Sting.

I can remember years ago an interview with Sting on the radio where he had said that, more than anything, he was so proud of the lyrics on his latest album, of which they had just played a track. I had been sitting there thinking what a load of pretentious rubbish, and wishing he would go beck to the simplicity of something like Message in a Bottle.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When you're as great as Sting why would you hold back about how good you are?

But he’s not that great……. Inflated opinion of himself. Some of his lyrics are garbage.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Police were great, so were the Jam. . . Stings solo output is up there with Bruce Foxtons.

I guess he had to do something to rrelieve the boredom and he's not a good enough bass player to get into SLF/FTJ

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
But he’s not that great……. Inflated opinion of himself. Some of his lyrics are garbage.

I think the standing he has amongst many people would tell you differently, seen a few recent interviews with him and the interviewers have been in awe of him and on Jonathan Ross all of the other sars on the show seemed to know he was the headline act. His one of Britains finest ever.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just a heads up for the many Sting fans on this board. He's headlining BBC Radio 2 festival, and it's live on BBC2 at 10:15 tonight, and absolute treat for any music fan from probably England's finest rock star.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just a heads up for the many Sting fans on this board. He's headlining BBC Radio 2 festival, and it's live on BBC2 at 10:15 tonight, and absolute treat for any music fan from probably England's finest rock star.
Sting 17 Grammy Awards

Oasis NIL

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Police and early solo stuff very good. Downhill from there and always has too up himself for my liking.
Some great tunes. More than 20 years since I heard anything new of his. Don't mind that he's a dick. I may occasion to listen to him but I wasn't planning on voting for him, or f***ing him :shrug:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The sound was awful but he’s still a class act. I think he’s top draw.

His police songs performed live still suffer from not having Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers on stage. The reason The Police worked so well is because it was three individuals performing as a band. Sting may have written the songs but they were nothing with the creativity the other two brought.

I like that he’s unapologetic about who he is.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I have an irrational dislike of the arrogant chap :shrug:

I did like Dream of the Blue Turtles album though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here