Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sting

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Loved the Police and liked his early solo stuff. However, there's just something about his demeanor that irks. Below is a recent brilliant interview but it's only great because the interview intelligently draws the stuff out of Sting who looks really bored at first.

Just an aside - this interviewer Rick Beato has a great YouTube channel where he (amongst other things) intricately reviews songs, breaking them into their component parts and showing "what makes this song great".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Imagine a long haul flight with Sting sitting on one side of you and Bono on the other

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Heads up,it's Sting night on BBC2 right now, celebrating one of if not the greatest musician to come out of the UK.

:bowdown:

0551B415-76B1-48AE-813A-D1F5DB607606.jpeg

Probably another of your “how many can I catch threads” but I wouldn’t put Sting in my top ten greatest UK musicians.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Don’t like Sting’s music and never have done. In fact if he comes on the car radio, I change stations.
But, heyho each to their own. My sister in law loves him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I always remember when the Police were playing, him and Stewart Copeland were always fighting and I put it down to the fact that Stewart Copeland was a spoilt loud American.

Nothing could be further from the truth, it was Sting that was the up himself **** :blush:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I always remember when the Police were playing, him and Stewart Copeland were always fighting and I put it down to the fact that Stewart Copeland was a spoilt loud American.

Nothing could be further from the truth, it was Sting that was the up himself **** :blush:

Yes, can’t imagine him putting up with Lennon and McCartney like Harrison did for all those years.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just an aside - this interviewer Rick Beato has a great YouTube channel where he (amongst other things) intricately reviews songs, breaking them into their component parts and showing "what makes this song great".

Yes I subscribe to it which was why I knew about this interview. It's very interesting whatever your taste in music and even for a terrible guitar player like me :(

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I had the misfortune of seeing a play with Trudy Styler in it, pretty obvious that she only got the part because she was Sting's missus

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Indeed. IMO Ray Davies is one of the greatest songwriters and social lyricists we have ever had. Shame not more people today are aware of his talent.

I'm sure if they read NSC and love The Beatles...???

Anyhoo,

From the dew-soaked hedge creeps a crawly caterpillar

Or

De do do do de da da da is all I want to say to you

Hmmm. Ray or Sting, Sting or Ray, who is the better social lyricist?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Talented yes but in my view certainly not in the top 5 most talented musicians to come from the UK.

Apparently he & his wife are also known to be extremely tight , taking the lightbulbs out from a multi million pound house they sold a few years ago in London .

A friend of mine met him a few years back in the Bahamas and said he was shitehouse.

Corrected for you :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here