Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still only 27,000 tickets sold

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I have to say I really don't think we're going to sell out our end :(

It's got to be said that I'm dissappointed in this. Especially after witnessing the queues on Saturday! I thought we were going to sell out on the day! I know it's a long way in it's an expensive trip for us but it would be REALLY good for the club if we could sell out our end!

a) To cheer the lads onto Div1
b) To put forward the best case possible for Falmer!!!

COME ON!!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think , being realistic, 27k is a good number, its a shyte journey down there and back, public transport is a national embarassment, and the whole lot is on TV for all to see

what do you expect ???

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Re: Re: Still only 27,000 tickets sold

fatbadger said:
You hardly need to say that to anyone here - everybody on NSC who can go already had their ticket!

Sorry it wasn't meant like that but more like a war cry! :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd imagine they'd shift a few more to Saturday shoppers this weekend.

Thought it was 29,000 anyway?? No shame in that. Bristol is a big place, so they were always going to sell out. We've still sold more than enough to prove a point to Prescott.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
27,000 for a team that gets under 7,000 per week considering the games bloody miles away and a pain in the ARSE to get to.....is INMHO a bloody GREAT number of people. If it we're Wembley we'd sell out as its easy to get too and close.
27,000 is certainly enough to get the team going and we will NOT let them down!

SeagullinKent

Jul 7, 2003
Orpington
My brother wasn't sure if he was able to go. On sunday he found out that he was free to go so he sent off a SAE to the club with his C/C details. Yesterday a £40 ticket came through.

I thought that only the cheaper seats where left to sell?

Good work from the ticket office tho for the quick turnaround :clap2:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
It just seems that we've sold all our tickets in two days and now no one else is buying them? I would have thought we'd hit the 30,000 mark by now?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Rusthall Seagull said:
Where's this info from Lammy? I read we had sold 31,000......

offcial site.

so I guess I don't really know at all? :p

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
isn't that article a few days old?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought we would sell the whole 31000 as my infamous post Saturday alluded to.

However 27000 is a fantastic amount of people for a 400 mile round trip and 15 hour day. The game is live on TV from the comfort of you local pub or sitting room without an 8 hour queue.

Its costing me and 5 other people £ 101 for ticket/transport.

We have only played to 6000 people for 5 years and less for 5 years before that and missed a whole generation of new supporters.

If there are 4000 left the club need to get their marketing going and adevertise this fact in the papers and local radio and we can still sell the other 4000 over the next 3 days.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Gareth Glover said:
I thought we would sell the whole 31000 as my infamous post Saturday alluded to.

However 27000 is a fantastic amount of people for a 400 mile round trip and 15 hour day. The game is live on TV from the comfort of you local pub or sitting room without an 8 hour queue.

Its costing me and 5 other people £ 101 for ticket/transport.

We have only played to 6000 people for 5 years and less for 5 years before that and missed a whole generation of new supporters.

If there are 4000 left the club need to get their marketing going and adevertise this fact in the papers and local radio and we can still sell the other 4000 over the next 3 days.

That's what I'm getting at. The club don't seem to be pushing the tickets enough!! They need to get out there and really sell our allocation!

Seagull Stew

I don't think the club will be able to shift those tickets now.
The only people who would buy the tickets now, would be half-hearted supporters (Brighton is my second club types) and they would probably only travel if they could book places on coaches or trains, which I suspect it's a bit late to do now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lammy said:
That's what I'm getting at. The club don't seem to be pushing the tickets enough!! They need to get out there and really sell our allocation!
2 days ago we only had 2,000 left. That means we've sold 29,000.

I reckon we'll pretty much sell out, maybe a few hundred under but that's all.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Simster said:
2 days ago we only had 2,000 left. That means we've sold 29,000.

I reckon we'll pretty much sell out, maybe a few hundred under but that's all.

How do you know that? Do we need to visit Bristols web site again to find out what is going on at our own club?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lammy said:
How do you know that? Do we need to visit Bristols web site again to find out what is going on at our own club?
I think someone (northstander?) got a text from someone in the club shop saying as much on Tuesday evening.

fink

Mar 15, 2004
not far away
Seagull_Stew said:
I don't think the club will be able to shift those tickets now.
The only people who would buy the tickets now, would be half-hearted supporters (Brighton is my second club types) and they would probably only travel if they could book places on coaches or trains, which I suspect it's a bit late to do now.

I got spare seats....See the Last call for my coach thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here