Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still only 27,000 tickets sold

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
It is important that the club advertise the fact that there are some tickets left. Nothing on the website, on the local radio or newspapers. The tickets I got this morning were for some friends at work who thought all the tickets had gone, as they had heard nothing to suggest otherwise. They were amazed when I turned up this morning with their tickets. Now other people at work are interested in getting some tickets as well and filling the two empty seats in the car to Cardiff.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Lammy said:
Totally agree!

Come on Brighton!! Let's get it together! How are you going to cope with Falmer! We just want to know what is going on! We are constantely having to rely on hear-say!

What??????

We average under 7000, have sold at least an extra 20000 on our average gate and reached the magic Falmer figure of exceeding the 22,000 (or is it 23k), showing that we can fill the ground, if we get it.

I think it is a good effort bearing in mind Wales is not the easiest place to get to.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Superseagull said:
It is important that the club advertise the fact that there are some tickets left. Nothing on the website, on the local radio or newspapers. The tickets I got this morning were for some friends at work who thought all the tickets had gone, as they had heard nothing to suggest otherwise. They were amazed when I turned up this morning with their tickets. Now other people at work are interested in getting some tickets as well and filling the two empty seats in the car to Cardiff.

Spot on - had an email from a mate in Worthing saying he was trying to find out if there were tickets left. Seems nothing been mentioned down there at all.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Someone ring up the clubs offices and/or e-mail Perry/Knight and say to them blatantly....ADVERTISE AND UPDATE THE FRIGGIN' WEBSITE, i'd do it if I had the e-mail addy? anyone?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bozza

So they only club who noone knows the sales of is Brighton. Why the cloak and dagger, secret squirrel club ?.

COME ON BHAFC HOW MANY HAVE WE SOLD !.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Remember when Mike Bamber sold the tickets for lower tier of terracing at Wembley to Man Utd supporters? Let's hope this odd - and uncharacteristic - silence from the club at the moment isn't covering up some equally dark deeds...say it ain't so.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Uncle Buck said:
What??????

We average under 7000, have sold at least an extra 20000 on our average gate and reached the magic Falmer figure of exceeding the 22,000 (or is it 23k), showing that we can fill the ground, if we get it.

I think it is a good effort bearing in mind Wales is not the easiest place to get to.

My point is the total lack of communication with the fans as to what is going on. This is not a one off for the club and it needs addressing if we are going to fill Falmer on a weekly basis.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Someone ring up the clubs offices and/or e-mail Perry/Knight and say to them blatantly....ADVERTISE AND UPDATE THE FRIGGIN' WEBSITE, i'd do it if I had the e-mail addy? anyone?

You Sir are SMILIE-LESS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
CrabtreeBHA said:
27,000 is NOT poor, jesus for the millionth time its a HELL of a place to get too, its a full day trip which some parents might not want to take their kids on + many other reasons I cant be bothered to list.

Seems everyone "thinks" we have a fan base of millions when the reality is that we DONT, Gillingham/Withdean to blame, *if* we get Falmer then we will see the numbers come back but right now we have a smaller percentage of supporters than we did when we had the goldstone IMO
Yes it probably is the millionth time for you, but this is the first time I have managed to express the fact that I think it would be a disappointing figure. Oh and I'm well aware of the circumstances thanks, so you don't really need to point those out either.

It's irrelevent anyway as I think we've sold a lot more than 27,000 and that we'll sell out by Saturday evening...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
apologies as its your first time but I still fail to see how - at least - 27,000 tickets sold is poor.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
CrabtreeBHA said:
apologies as its your first time but I still fail to see how - at least - 27,000 tickets sold is poor.
Because when Brighton moved back to Sussex, there were 27,000 ticket applications for the Mansfield game. I'd have thought most of those would want to go, as well as local casual day trippers.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
We've surely sold more than 27thou now? This is the figure i heard monday/tuesday! I think we needn't fear, i'm sure we've sold at least 29thou now. Although i wish the club would give us a figure, if we do still have a couple of thou left we really should be advertising by all means possible to get em sold!

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
ro's pants said:
just seen on meridian news that tickets are like 'gold dust' :clap: :clap2:

No mention of how many we've actually sold then?! This is annoying- can't understand why the club are being so secretive!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ro's pants said:
just seen on meridian news that tickets are like 'gold dust' :clap: :clap2:

erm... that might be 'cos they are trying to cash in by running a 'competition' for a couple of pairs they blagged from Nationwide.
:nono:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Consider that we've lost an entire generation of "floating fans" that every other club has. Anyone can turn up with their kids at (for example) Selhurst Park on a Saturday afternoon and decide to go and watch them. That way they forge an affinity with those kids, and generate a new wave of fans.

We can't do that because of the restrictions on Withdean ticket sales. When we get Falmer, we will be trying to make up for (by that stage) 10 years worth of lost fans. If the Albion have 2000 tickets left, that makes 29,000 sold, and I think that's pretty damn good for a club with average gates of just over 6,000.

Huddersfield average 9,000 per game and have sold 20,000, Mansfield 5,000 and have sold 13,000. Relative to our average home gate, the support we're taking to Cardiff is by some distance better than any other club there this weekend.

Cheer up, you grumpy old gits, and make the most of what should be a great weekend.

PS Up the Hammers...

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
edna krabappel said:
Consider that we've lost an entire generation of "floating fans" that every other club has. Anyone can turn up with their kids at (for example) Selhurst Park on a Saturday afternoon and decide to go and watch them. That way they forge an affinity with those kids, and generate a new wave of fans.

We can't do that because of the restrictions on Withdean ticket sales. When we get Falmer, we will be trying to make up for (by that stage) 10 years worth of lost fans. If the Albion have 2000 tickets left, that makes 29,000 sold, and I think that's pretty damn good for a club with average gates of just over 6,000.

Huddersfield average 9,000 per game and have sold 20,000, Mansfield 5,000 and have sold 13,000. Relative to our average home gate, the support we're taking to Cardiff is by some distance better than any other club there this weekend.

Cheer up, you grumpy old gits, and make the most of what should be a great weekend.

PS Up the Hammers...

Well put. :) I remember reading a month or so ago a few threads questioning how many we'd take to cardiff IF we got there- some many people were saying 20thou, 25thou max etc. So i think we've done very well to sell what will be knocking around the 30thousand mark.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
it would be cripplingly embarrassing if we don't ask for more after selling 30,000.

But then again it is only some bullshit lower league promo final.OUR DAY WILL COME.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hudds took, 29k to the playoff game against Bristol Rovers a few years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here