Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I must admit, today I was influenced by alcohol.....and a really, really dodgy stream that pissed me off more than anything hyypiaesgue that Mr Potter had done.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I have never lost the faith.

He has come in, totally changed the way we play, brought youngsters in. He is learning and he needs time. We create a lot of chances and have a lot of possession. We won’t go down and we will be stronger next year as he would have learnt a lot in his first season.

What did people expect ?? Did you think he was going to wave a magic want change the way we play and overnight we would be challenging for Europe?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I had my doubts today when we were 3-1 down and GP made, what I thought, bizarre substitutions. Tonight I think Potter may have a magic wand.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I had my doubts today when we were 3-1 down and GP made, what I thought, bizarre substitutions. Tonight I think Potter may have a magic wand.

How ill you be feeling if we go 1-0 down to Watford after a poor defensive error ?

Bigger picture mate.

Albion are playing good football and creating chances. There are doubts about the personnel. That's my view.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just hope he takes the time he needs to grieve now.

Hell of a lot of bottle to turn up and perform at a very difficult time.

Haven’t seen the reaction after 90 minutes but hope the away end sang his name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea what his selection will be one week to the next. I have no idea who he will start against Watford. At the moment I just don’t see a clear plan

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have no idea what his selection will be one week to the next. I have no idea who he will start against Watford. At the moment I just don’t see a clear plan

The other week you were singing his praises :lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My faith was shaken for a moment at half time, for the first time. But GP showed again his tactical nous, with his changes completely turning the game on its head.

I am concerned that the board haven’t backed him in the market, but still have belief in the boss, his style, his philosophy.

It’ll be tough. But if we stay up we are going places with this manager.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yep, i still think he is the right man for the job and enjoy the exciting football. Brilliant come back today and Solly's free kick drew an amazing save to save West ham a point.

I still think we look better with a back three to free up our wing backs and make us more solid. Hopefully when players come back we will revert.

I will admit to feeling pretty low at half time against West Ham, especially after the Bournemouth game. I think Potter needs more time and more windows to get us adjusted to his methods. The future is bright I believe (although the present may be a bit stressful).

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Yep, i still think he is the right man for the job and enjoy the exciting football. Brilliant come back today and Solly's free kick drew an amazing save to save West ham a point.

I still think we look better with a back three to free up our wing backs and make us more solid. Hopefully when players come back we will revert.

I will admit to feeling pretty low at half time against West Ham, especially after the Bournemouth game. I think Potter needs more time and more windows to get us adjusted to his methods. The future is bright I believe (although the present may be a bit stressful).

Very much agree with this.

I think it’s interesting that Duffy has had an operation, which to me may indicate more of a reason for being kept out of the starting line up than say, preference for Webster.

Back 3 of Burn, Duffy and Dunk would or at least should be capable of plugging the goals.

Sollys free kick was brilliant, saved by an outstanding saves

The other week you were singing his praises :lolol:
No I wasn’t writing him off like the one note performer you are. He’s done some good things in his first few months but since the turn of the year it’s been poor, due in much part to the non consistency of selection

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very much agree with this.

I think it’s interesting that Duffy has had an operation, which to me may indicate more of a reason for being kept out of the starting line up than say, preference for Webster.

Back 3 of Burn, Duffy and Dunk would or at least should be capable of plugging the goals.

Sollys free kick was brilliant, saved by an outstanding saves

Duffy had a thrombosis after a knock in training so had a procedure to deal with it, that’s all isn’t it ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that some of the improvements like Bernardo for Burn were forced upon him so we must hope that Duffy could be the same as at least he can head the ball away, unlike the previously mentioned back 3, who despite all being over 6ft 2in rarely win a header from a cross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here