Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stickys

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Ignore most of them tbh. However, isn't a reason for having sticky's is to avoid goons starting up duplicate threads instead of scrolling down the list and maybe even going onto page 2. This may start to reoccur if ones like the web cam sticky was removed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ignore most of them tbh. However, isn't a reason for having sticky's is to avoid goons starting up duplicate threads instead of scrolling down the list and maybe even going onto page 2. This may start to reoccur if ones like the web cam sticky was removed.

At the moment the stickies are about REMF, and community days. I think perhaps making a section for charity threads would be good, so they don't get lost in the mix of general chat, and so that people don't just ignore them looking for the first unread thread.

Then perhaps it would be good to use stickies for major news to avoid duplicates, but in my experience there are people who don't bother to check at all just come in and start a thread

And perhaps the webcam should just become a sticky thread in the ask the falmer project team section?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
TSLR was very grateful for making the fans survey thread sticky, we got far more repsonse than we thought and i've no doubt it would've sunk pretty quick if it wasn't .. ermm, 'stuck'

it acts as a useful notice board when threads aren't there to encourage discourse but merely inform ... i.e the fans quizzes, and in cases like that the sticky function can make a difference.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe we should have a "Notices" sub-forum which can only be moved there on request (rather like stickies are made on request) and more or less ban stickies from the main board altogether. People should then feel free to bounce threads on the main board every now and then, that refer to threads in the notices sub-forum.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Always check, and follow those I have an interest in.

Best if not too big a list.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got fed up of how far I had to scroll down on my iPod in bed this morning so they're all GONE.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I noticed they'd gone straight away when I logged on. I only really check the webcam one, but for notices, surverys, etc. they are quite useful.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Cant you just keep the WEBCAM one??.That is the only one i ever looked at.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Niiiice - I like it without any! Good work - never read them much anyhow...maybe we could have them but limit it to 2 or 3...when the next important thing comes along one of the old ones has to drop off..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here