Stickys

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Stick your stickies.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
The only way forward is to have a select your own sticky option. Then everyone will be satisfied

Why don't you just ignore them?

I organize the REMF charity golf day. I work away all week and, unlike a lot of posters, can only log on the NSC when I get home on Friday evening.

To me, a sticky is a necessity as it would totally disappear every week and be about 14 pages back. Anyone logging onto NSC occasionally would have no information regarding the golf day. For this reason, I'm grateful to Bozza or the mods for making this type of thread a "sticky".

Equally, I've started another thread to auction 2 excellent prizes which were donated for the REMF golf day. As this will be over in about 11 days, the only way that the thread will be on view is as a sticky and in this way, I hope to generate as much revenue as is possible.

Sometime, I agree, there do seem to be more than is maybe necessary, but they soon disappear and I think it a small inconvenience when a sticky may be of importance to some. :smile:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Some good points but I and a lot of people have said we don't even look at the stickys and automatically scan past them, especially when there's so many. Not out of not wanting to read them but just habit.

How about choosing your own stickys, as well as one or two other forced stickys being the way forward?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why don't you just ignore them?

I organize the REMF charity golf day. I work away all week and, unlike a lot of posters, can only log on the NSC when I get home on Friday evening.

To me, a sticky is a necessity as it would totally disappear every week and be about 14 pages back. Anyone logging onto NSC occasionally would have no information regarding the golf day. For this reason, I'm grateful to Bozza or the mods for making this type of thread a "sticky".

Equally, I've started another thread to auction 2 excellent prizes which were donated for the REMF golf day. As this will be over in about 11 days, the only way that the thread will be on view is as a sticky and in this way, I hope to generate as much revenue as is possible.

Sometime, I agree, there do seem to be more than is maybe necessary, but they soon disappear and I think it a small inconvenience when a sticky may be of importance to some. :smile:

Yes, I agree that stickies are a good thing and can be very helpful, I think the problem is that since they are always there most people just become used to scrolling down a couple of pages extra and still dont read them.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Yes, I agree that stickies are a good thing and can be very helpful, I think the problem is that since they are always there most people just become used to scrolling down a couple of pages extra and still dont read them.

Agreed, and that's fine. However, I still say that they're good for those that do want to read them and a small inconvenience for those that don't.

You say yourself that you just scroll down past them, so as you already succcessfully ignore them, why not just continue to do so?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting debate. I have no objection to stickies per se, they're only on the first page and like a lot of others I just treat them as part of the 'header' and ignore them - the same way I don't read the masthead of a newspaper. (If there was only one or two it would be different, but there are invariably six or seven and they stay for weeks). However I accept Woodingdean Gull's point that they are a sort of sub-forum for current events, and the people who are involved can quickly find the relevant thread.

Just remember that if you want to announce something having a thread 'stuck' in the first instance is no guarantee that it will be read. I used to check the stickies to see if any new ones had appeared, but because there are so many of them and they never seem to change I don't bother any more, so there's a chance that something that might be of interest to me will get lost in the general 'sticky noise'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here